Chapter 4

Your pov
Mitch was weird
Aasim was bossy
Ruby was striking
Tenn was cool
Marlon was scary
But Louis, he was... special. He actually cared. Although I don't know why. He seems too cool for me. I hated when people would be friends with me just because I'm alone. I don't want pity friends.
I had been on my own for the past two days, it's been three days since I actually ventured outside of my room in the presence of people.
They thought it was just as weird as I did.
I was sitting in my room and I looked at the blank sheet of paper that tenn had given me. Its was still untouched. I pulled out the pencil and tapped it on the paper. I wanted to draw something but I don't know what to draw, I don't want to waste it. I sighed and put it away. I just wasn't ready to start drawing again.
I got up from my bed and stretched out. I walked out of the room and i walked around a little. I walked around the courtyard and around the kitchen, then through the halls. I remembered the wood and the way the halls cracked as I walked through them. This was all I had to do really. Everyone was out being friends and I was here... being me.
I walked back to my room and looked around. Pretty bare for me being here for almost two weeks.
"I gotta do something with my short existence." I spoke to myself.
I walked out into the courtyard when everyone showed up.
"Well look at you! You're getting more social every day!" Louis said raising his hands in the air.
I half smiled and looked at everyone else.
"I want to help." I spoke up.
"Help with what?" He asked.
"I don't know. Whatever you guys need. Hunters, weapon makers, you name it I can do it."
"Well you can be whatever you want. As long as you don't suck at it!" Marlon sneered.
"Don't be rude." Ruby scolded.
"Yeah yeah." Marlon waved off as he walked inside.
"Don't let him scare you, he's too scared himself." Ruby told me.
I nodded and listened to her.
"Well I need someone to hunt with me tomorrow night. Maybe you could help me then." Mitch said
I nodded to him as well.
"You'd actually be a good hunter for how little you talk." Louis joked.
His joke was shot down by everyone's glaring eyes.
"Okay I'll just leave now." Louis strutted off and I looked back at the group.
"Well I need some help sorting out medicine if you want to help." Ruby offered.
"S-sure." I agreed. She lead the way and I walked into her medical office.

"This is all the stuff, I need it sorted in alphabetical order." She commanded
"Sure thing." I said as I got to work. I had sorted a- t when the doors opened.
"Marlon what's up?"
"Just checking on our new recruit." He smiled.
"She's doing great. She's great at organizing." Ruby encouraged. I smiled at her weakly and looked at Marlon. He scoffed and walked out.
"He has it in for me I know it." I told her.
"It's just cause you're new."
"I've been here for over two weeks." I huffed.
"It's okay. It'll get better."
"I hope so."
I finished sorting the medicine and I called her over.
"It's sorted from A to Z and then in order of expiration date." I smiled.
"Wow that'll definitely help! Thanks!"
"No problem."
I walked out and was satisfied with my courage. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.