Chapter 8

Work was piling up and so was my stress. I had two hunting trips because I had to fill in for violet who was out because she hurt her ankle. I had to organise the whole spice and food cabinets, I had to sort the rubble that could be useful. And it was my turn to tend to the gardens. I walked in the school late after the sun went down, my candle was burning its last flames and I was burning my last strength. I got to my bed and grunted as I fell into a deep sleep.
I woke up the next morning to a knock on the door.
"Come in." I groggily said as I got up to get my shoes on.
"Woah, why aren't you outside yet?" Louis commented.
I looked outside and the sun was high in the sky.
"Shit how did I oversleep so long??" I hurried out and ran to the courtyard. I ran and got a shovel to start moving dirt.
I had decided I'd do more time then everyone else because I was late.
I stayed for an hour extra and moved more dirt and logs. I cut wood and put in the the repair pile for when we needed to board up things.
I walked out of the gates for hunting time and caught four fish. I walked back with my catch and put it in the kitchen.
I huffed as I leaned on the table, my feet were throbbing and I was struggling to stay awake.
I don't know what was happening to me. I sighed and shook my head.
"Come on y/n, get it together." I had worked sloppily for the rest of the day and at dinner I nearly fell asleep in my fish.
I groaned as I got up as my thighs were so sore. Louis looked at me worryingly but said nothing. Ruby noticed the state of me and sent me off to my room. As soon as I got into bed I fell asleep.

Louis's pov
She's been working so hard. Doesn't help the fact that marlons got it out for her and she doesn't even know it. Every meeting that we have is another one where y/n is doing something wrong. She's been working her ass off and it's not fair. He's never liked her. He just hates new people. Y/n has been here for about two months and she's helped us so much. It's weird to think about where we'd be if she hadn't showed up. I felt guilty and decided to go pay her a visit.
"Y/n?" I knocked on her door.
"Y/n?" I knocked again. No response. I opened the door and walked in quietly. I saw her asleep and I walked over to her bed. I looked at her calm rested face and she's just as beautiful. I don't know if I have feelings for her but it's definitely something. I stroked her cheek with my thumb and sighed.
"Get some sleep." I blew out her candle and walked out, closing her door so I wouldn't wake her.