Chapter 22

I had devised a plan.
"Guys come here." I said the next night at dinner.
"What's up?" Tenn said as he looked at a piece of paper.
"Okay I have a plan. We know that they have weapons so we have to be careful and make sure their supply depletes and fast. I think we should do Ruby's idea of the herd but we are gonna need a big one. So we know that the herds move around here at an even and paced time. So we will start collecting the herds for three herd loops. If we calculate the average of the herds we have had which is about twelve per group, we will have about three dozen walkers for a distraction. This will deplete their amo." I started.
"Wow this is good." Louis nodded.
"After that im going to need you to make some explosives so we can blow up the rest of their artillery." I pointed to Mitch. He nodded.
"Ruby, I need you to to help everyone with their shooting skills, we know they aren't very good at combat but practice never hurts, the more people down the better."
"Tenn, imma need you to sort through our scraps and make any defenses we can, shields, chest plates, anything. I know you're crafty."
"And what can I do?" Louis asked.
"You can sit there and look pretty, we've got this."
"But you don't want me to help?"
"Actually can you make a supply list of what we will need for everything? And then check on everyone for those supplies. Inform me if we don't have anything that we need."
"Sure." He smiled.
He walked off and asked tenn for paper and a pencil. Louis sat on the stairs and wrote everything down. Ruby was teaching Mitch how to shoot a bow better and Tennessee was sweeping through the scraps.
I plopped down on the bench and looked at the map and plan.
"And what will you be doing?" Louis asked coming over to me.
"I have to figure out how we are gonna make them leave." I said.
"Well you can't plan everything." He said sitting next to me.
"That's what you think." I smiled.
He placed an arm around my side and squeezed me. I giggled and rested my head on his shoulder.
"We are gonna do this and it'll work." I said placing my hand on the paper still leaning on Louis.
"I know we will." He said squeezing me from the side again.
"Okay well I should go check off this list."
"Okay." I said as he let go of me and went over to tenn who was sorting out the piles.
I looked back at the map and continued to plan.
Okay well once we get into the base, we won't know what it is like, we will have to make sure there is cover and less people. Maybe we can hit some people from outside. Get high up in trees? We need to have the upper hand.
Maybe their walls can be used for us. Maybe we can hide behind the walls and shoot. They will most definitely be high up so we have good aim, they don't. I GOT IT!
"Hey we don't have any fish left and we need it for oil too." Louis said walking back.
"Okay, I'll go fishing later." I said.
"Hey! Do you know what their walls look like?" I ask.
"Uh, concrete, dirt, and not too high."
I smiled as my plan was folding out.
"Great Thanks."
"Yeah. No problem!" Louis walked away as ruby called him for more practice. I held off my plan to watch him shoot an arrow or two.
He was pretty good. The second to center ring was what he hit both times.
I looked back at my plan. This is gonna work.