Chapter 20

Your pov
Marlon. They were talking about Marlon. I had to hear more.
"We gave him one dose of liquid methamphetamine. Sold for a dozen fish."
I remembered when I noticed all the food was gone the day that Marlon died.
"Come on. Let's go." Louis and I ran home.
We stumbled into the gates and informed everyone.
"They were sellers! Remember the needle we found in marlons office?"I looked at Ruby.
"What needle?" Mitch asked
"After Marlon died when we inspected his office, we found a needle, it was filled with something, but we didn't know what. I now know what it is."
"YOU SNOOPED IN MARLONS OFFICE?" Mitch asked offended.
"It was harmless clues to find!" Ruby defended.
"Not the point!" Louis shouted "get back to what you were saying."
"It was methamphetamine. A liquid form of it. Ruby do know what that means?"
"It's a calming drug for adhd." Ruby said.
"But Marlon didn't have adhd. And if it's calming then why did he become angry?" Louis asks.
"I don't know. But maybe it's just the way his levels reacted. Drugs aren't something to be messed with." Ruby shook her head.
"Well we know now and we have to keep a watch out. They said that they look at this school a lot."
"That's not creepy at all!" Mitch snarked.
"Well now we know." Louis said.
"You're such an optimist it's disgusting." Mitch growled.
"Hey! Stop it! We are a team. Not enemies!" I shouted. Mitch just rolled his eyes.
"So now we have to figure out a way to get these guys off our asses." Mitch groaned
"Yeah. How we gonna do that?" Louis asked.
I thought for a second.
"I don't know. But I know we will figure it out. We need more information, this is too vague. We don't know where they are located or how many there are. We don't know how supplied they are or how good they are at combat."
"Well what if we send in a herd to them. Maybe that could show us their weapon load and their combat, maybe give us a guess of how many people they got." Ruby thought
"Yeah but we don't know where they are. Someone will have to figure that out." I pointed out.
"Good. We can work on this." Louis said cheering.
"Don't get excited too soon buddy." I said.
"Right."
"Okay well tomorrow before dawn, someone needs to follow one of them to see where they are. The more information we have, the better chance we will have of getting them away from us."
"That works... so... who's gonna go?" Ruby asked.
"I will. I have to know how they do it. He was my best friend." Louis stepped up.
"Okay. Be careful."
"I will I promise."
I looked at him with worry in my eyes.
I walked away to the kitchen to start preparing dinner. I couldn't help but have my stomach tossed and turned, thinking about what could happen if he gets caught.