18🌙

ZACH

I fell asleep last night on my own, it hurt. I'm the one who caused this and to think about it, well it just sucks. "Christina!" I call out as she runs into the room. "I want to get him back, last night was hell. Literal hell." "I know babe, but you have to respect his privacy." "I know..." I say giving her that look she knows all to well, "Come here." She says give me the security I need.

"Zay, he's gonna be ok, why? Because he's Jack Avery, and who does he have by his side, always and forever? Zach Herron. A kid who loves him so so much. A kid, who's bright and bubbly, and funny, compassionate. Hell, he was put on this planet to love him. Ok? So don't ever worry, you guys are connected. You'll always make through."

"I need to get away from this whole thing, wanna go ring shopping?" I say getting up from my bed I was sitting on. "Sure. I could use it at a time like it. I need to distract myself."

"Babe, should I tell the boys? Crystal can meet them?" I ask as we walk out the room. "Definitely," "Babes, me and Christina are going ring shopping, anyone in?" Next thing I know they all shoot up.

I just walk to the door, shouting throughout the house, "Get in losers we're going shopping!" "Hey Z, where we going?" Daniel questions, as I reply ".You will see soon my children, do not worry. Your mom knows though." I say chuckling

"Where? Mommy where?!" Daniel says in a cute voice acting like the child he is as he hugs her shoulder. "You'll see honey..." She says as we leave the house and get in the car. I just freeze in my tracks, like a deer in headlights. Honey, that's his trigger word, that's what his lips taste like. That's what it feels like when he kisses me. Like honey.

"Come on Regina George, lets go!" Jonah says. I faintly feel Christina grab my hand knowing what happened, "babe I can't-it hurts thinking he might-"I say sobbing and breakdown in the middle of the street.

"Aw Zach...I'm sorry I know it hurts baby. You'll get through this, I know you will. You wanna know how I know that? Rosy." I hear that word. The word that he says to calm me down. It's like he said it right when he knew I was going to burst. "How Christina how?" I say as they walk me to the car to it down and regain my composure.

"Because Zach, that's exactly what you are a rose. You endure the hardest things in life and still remain beautiful, you might shed a tear or few just like a rose sheds a petal. You know that means? It means that you just keep evolving, changing. A rose has thorns, just like you have us, they protect you from those that can hurt you."

"Thanks Chris, for everything thanks guys." They all give me warm smiles as I look at my ring. Christina puts her hand on her heart as she mouths 'right here. Forever and always' I give her a warm smile as she returns one. I get in the car and sit next to Corbyn who's in the back. I cuddle into him as we just lay there, like back then, it's therapeutic in a way.

"I love you baby. Thanks for everything, you're the absolute best baby." I say as I dream of Jack in my arms forgetting that it was Corbyn. I feel him run his hands through my hair, I feel his fingers caress my cheek. "Mhmm" I hum in response, I feel the car idle as a faint voice whispers: "Go. We'llwalk back get him home he's tired."

TIMESKIP

Next thing I know I'm gone and in our bed. The bed that I sleep in with him. The bed that misses the other half of me, I can feel Corbyn take off my shirt as I open my eyes. "Sorry bean, I thought of Jack I just miss him." I say as he crouches down in front me, "Zach he'll come back believe me. Ok? Now let's get you in bed. I'll stay with you and wait for you to fall asleep."

He takes off his shirt to get more comfortable, I snuggle up against him wanting that connection and part of me also wanted to cuddle with Corbyn again. I just guess I want that skin on skin contact I miss so much. I kiss his back softly, "Thanks Corbs." My voice, for the first time in a while and to my surprise sounded calm and content. I guess it's just the feeling of having him next to me.

A/n sorry it's short hope you enjoyed the Zorbyn moments ♥️ it's pre-written

WC: 814