22

JACK

Weeks after...

It's summer, walking with the squad into Crystal's, I grab Zach's hand. I can't help but think that's what people thinking us, do people hate us? I try to push the thoughts away but they keep coming back like a sledgehammer in my brain.

I start to feel it get worse, my breathe starts to get shallow, gasping for air as I start to sweat. I grip his forearm to brace myself. My vision starts getting fuzzy, seeing double and the room starts spinning. My lungs feel like they have 100 pounds on top of them.

I see Corbyn come into my view putting my arm around his shoulder as Zach does the same to support the already physically weak me.

My breathing starts to quicken, Zach right there to calm down. "Jack. I'm right here, just breathe I know it's hard. In and out..." Zach says to me slowly as my breathing starts return to normal and equalize.

"Thanks..." I say, my voice still shaky. "Of course, you know by now I'd do anything to keep you safe. Since day one I was head over heels for you." Zach says as he wraps his arms around me as I start to get back on my feet.

I look over at Crystal letting her know that we need to talk. "Watch my baby for me." I pull her into the back, "So um I-" "Stop right there hang on, my friend I know just what you need."

She pulls those two rings out from the case next to her

She pulls those two rings out from the case next to her. "Ok one, I love them. Two, how in the-" "Honey, it's a talent. I know exactly what people need when it comes to rings. I can read peoples hearts and know what speaks to them." I'm speechless at this point.

"Hey I'm just take this for me..." I say taking the more masculine of the rings.

I pull out my phone and put everyone in a group chat except him.

____________________________________

Hey my rainbow children!

Mama: Hey Jackie what's up?

Bean: What my gf said

Dani: Hi I'm here I heard rainbow lol☺️

Jo: oh hi babe

Dani: hi. im soft.

Bean: Great Jonah! You broke him, he's using lowercase and periods...great job

So ur all here bc I wanted to get a ring for him. I'll send you the pic....also Jonah please fix him I don't like seeing Dani broken

Mama: omg. yes. i cant help me babe. im shook yes this is so happening.

"Corbyn!"

Bean: On it

Dani: Yes omg! Please propose! It's not dead!