suprise

PARK JUNHEE

It's 9.30 in the morning. Strangely I didn't wake up to my 7am alarm today. I hear sounds from the kitchen. Looks like Donghun was back.

Hey bro you're here? I said with sleepy voice.

Donghun seems startled seeing me. He froze while holding a glass.

Bro I thought you were out!

He whispered. Why did he whisper? Weird. I am still half awake I guess that I see a person wearing a cap sitting on the couch. Very unbelievable it looks like a girl. The face, the hair, the fair skin... is it really a girl?
I rub my sleepy eyes with the back of my hand then the realization hits me hard. A girl? Really?

I turn my head to Donghun and he is giving me an apologetic mixed with scared smile.

Follow me. Now. I said while stepping angrily to my room.

The moment Donghun shut the door I grab his collar and stare deeply in his eyes.

Woah woah cool down, I'll explain everything okay?

She saw me! She must've saw me you idiot! I blurts out the main reason why I'm mad.

I'm so sorry man. I thought you are not in your room. I knocked your room's door few times and there's no answer. Plus it was locked and you never woke up late so I'm really sure you're out. I let her in after I confirmed that you're not at home. He actually sounds very apologetic explaining all that. I began to soften myself a bit.

So why did you even bring a girl here? Don't you remember the first rule here? STRICTLY NO GIRLS!

Okay okay I know. But that's my sister! You remember what I said yesterday?

About the new person? Don't tell me-

Yes. That's the new person. My sister.

I can't believe this! You think this is a joke? How can she live here? It's guy's house, only for guys!

Bro like I've said before, she's so desperate. She even willing to be our maid or kneeling in front of you to beg for your permission as long as she could stay for awhile here.

Why here out of all place?! I still don't get it!

She's a freshman in our uni. Tomorrow is her first day. She needs to adjust herself while finding a place to stay. The university's hostel was full! That's why she had to find other place to stay.

Full?! Are you sure?

Yeah! We called the administration many times and they told us the same thing. I didn't mention earlier that it's a girl because I know you won't agree. I'm sorry bro. Really. I just had to do this. She's my sister after all. I can't let her sleep on the street you get it?

Urghh whatever. The problem is, tell her to forget what she saw earlier and shut her mouth tight.

Alright bro. I promise that.

I know Donghun was a nice brother. I never thought that he'll go this far. Did he ever consider how I feel to be in the same house with a girl? How uncomfortable I would feel? Did he ever think about that? It's really upsetting me. But still, maybe it's a really desperate situation. He wouldn't dare to just simply do this isn't he? Arghh there's so much things in my mind right now. I tried to think positive to comfort myself. The problem is I'm still so angry. Damnit! my secret was exposed for the very first time to a girl. Suddenly I feel everything I did was useless. I tried so hard to hide my face all this while and she saw it. What if she told other girls? What if it spread? Is it going to be over now? Arghh my head hurts thinking of all the possibilities. Damn Donghun. That guy urghh.
I need some time to forgive him. Sorry bro, you're my best friend but what you did was too much for me. I need time to heal.

 I need time to heal