aftermath

LEE DONGHUN

I lose both of my beloved person in my life, Dahye and Jun. Dahye refuse to talk to me for now and Jun, he forgave me but things aren't the same anymore. One of our last conversation flash into my mind.

Donghun, I forgive you. I know you did that because you love her so much but you forgot that there's other people that deserve love from her too.

Jun... You don't have to force yourself forgiving me. I-

I sincerely accept your apology and... I'm moving out soon. I don't think I can live with you anymore and living in this house. There's too much things that reminded me of- ahh, nevermind. Just informing that to you. Don't try to stop me.

Jun, you're leaving me?

Don't worry. There's someone to take my place. There's friend of mine is looking for a house. I'm not leaving you Donghun, I need time for myself.

Alright then. Everything is up to you now. I'm not gonna be on your way..

Thanks. My friend, Sehyoon will come here tomorrow. I'll introduce you two by then.

...

It's been almost a year since I last talk to him. We're too busy with our own things to take care of since we're in our last semester.

Today both of us had the last paper of our final exam. Although Jun is in a different department but as far as I know all major end their exam today. I can never feel so relieved. Finally we finished our study after struggling and going through so much to get here. Now we just have to wait for the overall result to come out and the graduation day comes next.

This weekend is Dahye's birthday. We have mend everything after she was silent to me for almost a month. I decided to buy a cake and celebrate it at my house.
Dahye don't really mind if there's nothing on her birthday. Getting a cake was enough for her since she have the thinking that a birthday is just another day to go through.

As I am walking out from uni to go home, a familiar voice calls my name.

Donghun!

I turn around and see Jun is making his way towards me. I slowly let out my smile after seeing him.

Hey how are you doing?

Jun greets me first while resting his arm on my right shoulder as he usually did back then.

I'm good. Just a little busy before but now we're..

FREE!

Jun and I shout "free" in a sync. We're so happy that our torturing exam is over.

How about dinner now?

I feel so blessed that Jun offers me for dinner. Honestly I miss him so much. I can't feel any happier than now if we can have a talk, eat, and joking around together again.

Cool! As long as it's on you!

I said that while pouting my lips and blinking few times as an effort to look adorable. Jun gives a light slap on my face. I know he really annoyed when I act girly or cutesy to him.

...

We're having fish burger at our favorite burger place near the uni. I gobble up the burger as I barely eat today because of the exam. After we finish our meal, Jun voice out something to me.

Donghun, I want her.

I almost chocked myself with the coke that I'm drinking hearing Jun suddenly blurting the words. Thank goodness it doesn't spray all over Jun who sits opposite to me.

Her what?

Dahye. I love her.

So why are you telling me? Go and tell her!

But.. will she accept me? After all that happen?

Jun, you're worrying for nothing. Go and have a try. Where's the brave Jun that I know?

What if..

Just try Jun.

Then, can I ask for your help?

Sure. You need to tell me what is it.

Umm.. okay. I know Dahye's birthday is few days away.

Wait, how did you even know?

That pale skin guy come to me and told me about it. I think he is a decent guy. I shouldn't be salty to him before.

Yeah Byeongkwan is a nice kid. That's why Dahye stick with him till today. Back to the main point, what's with Dahye's birthday?

Uhh that..

Will there be a happy ending for Jun and Dahye?