soulmate

LEE DAHYE

Kim Byeongkwan come to visit me at the uni. I'm so excited to see him after we didn't meet for like half a year. Both of us was too busy with study and other things and our free time never match.
Byeongkwan take me out on a pizza date. I have lots of work needs to be done but I can never resist pizza so I agree anyway. I know once we go out, he would drag me to anywhere else hence, it'll took much of my time. This time, I told him carefully and seriously that I want to go home before dinner.

We're going out just for pizza okay?

What? Why? You said your class for today ended?

Yeah but.. I need to go home before dinner please *blink*

Okay now you're getting bored going out with me? Fine.

No no no not that. I just-

What? Just tell me you don't want to spend time with me.

Oh come on. You know we never had bad time together.

So?

I have an assignment to submit tomorrow

Really?

Yeah. For the sake of my grade. Let me go?

Urghh alright Cinderella I don't want you to lose your shoe!

I feel guilty for telling a white lie to my soulmate, Byeongkwan. I can't tell him I want to go home to see Jun. I will tell him about Jun later but telling now is too soon. Thank goodness after a few sulking and persuading, he agree and I finally able to take a breathe of relief.

I'm grateful to have Byeongkwan in my life. He's everything, my hero, my punchbag, and his shoulder is my place to cry. I'm pretty sure we met for the first time since we're baby but we just don't have a memory of it. He is my first and only friend before I went to kindergarten and my only childhood friend that remains until now.  I don't have a lot of memory playing with Donghun although he is my brother. Mom said he never wants to play with me back then.

I don't know why Byeongkwan still remain as my friend. He is literally a perfect guy. A guy that people dream and wanted to be. He's clever, athletic, funny, polite and rich!
He got quite the look too. At least that's what I heard from people around me. He could have choose more 'glamorous' friends over me. We went to the same middle school and throughout the school year, he's always being the most popular guy in my batch. Being the closest person of him at the time, does that make me famous too? Hell no.

I was a target for other girls. If there's any bad rumor, it would be about me. In other words, all about me was bad. I barely had any other friends besides Byeongkwan. Girls that become my friend end up asking me to hook her up with Byeongkwan and later won't be my friend anymore when Byeongkwan rejected them. It was the worst time in my life but I am able to go through it all because of Byeongkwan.

When we're about to start our high school year, I was told by his parents that he will go to the high school abroad. I was very upset and frustrated that he didn't told me in person. Later, I shut myself from him because I was too overwhelmed to face him. On the last day before he went, he came to see me and explained everything. He said he didn't bear to tell me myself and he went abroad because his aunt wanted him to stay with her for a better education. He went for 3 years and almost everyday when he was there, we're just one call away.

Now he's studying in one of the most prestigious university in the country. He is the perfect example of a person with perfect life. I just happen to be lucky to have a friend like him.

 I just happen to be lucky to have a friend like him