question

PARK JUNHEE

Tonight I went home as usual. Donghun and Dahye were already at home waiting for me to have dinner. Like always, her cooks were amazing. I'm grateful that she was able to cook different type of food everyday so we won't get bored with the same menu. Her cooking skill was impressive. She could make a show by showing her knife skill. After cleaning myself up, I went to the dining table where the two of them seated.

After eating for awhile I can't get the curiosity about the person out. Dahye was in front of me but all I can I do is just think about it. How crazy is that?! I don't know when did I develop this coward self. I could've just ask her right now..

Jun, what are you staring at?

Donghun ask me out of the blue.

What? Me? No nothing.

Are you sure? Is there anything in your mind?

I glance at Dahye when Donghun was questioning me. She was looking at me who was sitting opposite of her and Donghun. If only I can say out loud what I saw today. I really want to ask her but then she'll wonder why I even care about that. I don't want her to think that I'm a busy body. Plus, imagine Donghun reaction when I suddenly care about his sister. It will be hard for me to deal. Trying to think of other excuse, I'm having a hard time to give a convinced reason.

Umm- I have... been thinking about my-

What?

Project. My recent project. I had to create an art piece for the assignment. You know, typical art student concern?

Ahh so that is it.. No wonder you look so disturbed lol.

S-sorry I don't know I look like it.

Do you need any help?

Dahye suddenly offering her help. She asked with wide eyes full of anticipation. She was so cute like a puppy waiting for a pat.

Umm you really wanna help?

Sure if you allows me.

She gave the answer in excited tone and grin. I would never want to resist that. Though this isn't actually my true concern, but I can't lose my chance. Maybe this is the golden opportunity to ask her to do anything for me.

Alright. I'll tell you if I need help later.

I can't hide my smile. I let out the biggest smile of the day at the moment. I can feel the smile reach my ears. I'm about to continue eating when I saw Donghun looking at me with a blank expression. I pretend not to care about it for the sake of myself. I honestly feel embarrassed when he saw me giving the big smile to Dahye. I wonder what he thinks about that.

...

Today was exhausting. Actually everyday was exhausting going to and fro the uni. Donghun was beside me since we share the bed as of now. He's still on his phone while already laying on the bed. I lay my head on the pillow and shut my eyes hoping I would fall in deep slumber moments later.

Jun, you're sleeping?

Donghun's voice startled my nearly asleep self. I answered him with my eyes still shut.

No

You trying to snatch Dahye from me?

What? What nonsense is that?

I saw how you treat her and how she treated you. I don't want to say this but I have to. She's my sister. My biological sister. Never think that you'll able to be close to her more than me.

I got seated up surprised by what he just said. We stare into each other's eyes. I'm sure I stare with my confused eyes but him, unexpectedly stare at me with anger in the eyes. The seriousness came into our conversation.

Dude, if you're that sure why would you feel discouraged with me? Yes, Dahye is your sister and not mine. We just got close because she is your sister. You get that?

I don't know. I feel left out by you guys. I feel like she wasn't my sister anymore.

No bro. She'll always be your sister. I'm sorry that I made you feel like that. You know, sometimes we're clueless about what we're doing.

I'm sorry too for just now. Shouldn't have think of you like that at all.

I finally continue my attempt to sleep after clear things out with Donghun but suddenly I feel the urge to ask Donghun about my curiosity. Contemplating countless time in my head, I let out my long kept question.

Dahye had a boyfriend huh?

What? What do you mean?

I saw her with a guy today

So?

They seems so close to each other. The guy had a pale skin and light brown hair. You know him?

Ahhh.. I'm sure you meant Byeongkwan.

Oh, so that's his name? Who is he?

We lived in the same neighborhood for years and they're friends since little. I don't know what is going on with them but recently Dahye said she had a crush on someone she met.

Really?! *sigh*

Why did you sigh lol. Why you seems so care?

Umm- I'm just reporting it to you as the brother. In case you didn't know the person she's seeing *cough* Good night.

I thought so he would wonder about me being suddenly cared. I quickly turns the other side. I don't want Donghun to know that I'm nervous because of the question. I shut my eyes for real this time. I need to have good sleep for tomorrow.

...

LEE DONGHUN

Tonight I let out what bottled in me for quite some time. I'm looking for the right time to tell him for ages but tonight somehow was perfect time to do it.

Fortunately his response was good. I regret that I think of him badly. I should just trust my bestie Jun. Suddenly an unexpected question come out from him. I'm surprised when he ask such thing to me. I can feel he's hiding his nervousness when he talks to me. Now I know I'm completely wrong all this time. Looks like Jun has been looking at Dahye in a different light than I thought.

Jun, you just let me see through your thick wall tonight. Now you can't hide anything from me.

I tell him who Byeongkwan was and I did insert some lie in it. Dahye never told me she had a crush with anyone. Dahye and Byeongkwan doesn't deserve to be called friends. They're like twins! Therefore, their relationship don't need to be doubted as more than friends. Our family has known each other for long. Byeongkwan was the only playing partner when Dahye was little because I refuse to play with Dahye back then. My ego as a little boy doesn't allow me to play with girls. I'm always at the field with the boys in my neighborhood. Byeongkwan was a polite and kind boy so he doesn't choose his friends. My mom adore him so much so she call Byeongkwan as his son until now.

Let's see how far you can get with Dahye, Jun.

Jun's insecurity crawls in. He can't sit still after hearing what Donghun has said. Now he just have to make sure of his feelings before making any decision. Meanwhile, Donghun was clueless what his little lie could cause.