accepting

PARK JUNHEE

It's been a couple nights of her stay here. Somehow when she's here, everything became more manageable. The meal, laundry, and house chores all was done and managed by her. Honestly it was a big help. Being with the messy Donghun was sometimes a struggle for me. I had to be the one who take care of the cleanliness and tidying. When she's here, my burden was lifted. Most of the time I took part by throwing the trash and divide the waste that needs to be recycled. It was a harmony teamwork.

Tonight, I can't bear to see Donghun sleeping on the couch any longer. I can see he is having a back pain every morning.

Dude, why don't you come and sleep in my bed?

You mean you're willing to share the bed?

Umm yeah I have no problem with that.

Jun! My friend! Thank you thank you thank you. I'll jump in the bed now!

Donghun was very delighted with the offer. He seems to be grateful more than I think he would. Means that he is very uncomfortable sleeping all this while. It was lucky that I have a queen sized bed while Donghun's was single bed. If it's the other way around, he would have to stay like that for a month since I can't give up or exchange my bed easily especially for a girl.

What I noticed while staying with Dahye is, she doesn't come out of the room right after having dinner. I wonder what she's doing or probably because she's uncomfortable with me around. She would have dinner, wash up early, and disappear into the room till the next day early in the morning, making breakfast for us.

The first and last time we exchange words is when she stop me from washing my own bowl and plate. After the incident, she doesn't talk and not to mention smile at me. Frankly I was kind of waiting to hear her voice along with the soothing smile again. I wish we can be more friendly to each other. All this while I was always avoiding girl and this time, the girl is avoiding me. Even after she saw how I look like. Weird enough. I can't stop thinking about that. I'm avoiding girls not because I was shy, but because I was annoyed. I'm so used to have girls following me around so I was proof to them. I could've brace myself to greet her since I'm not shy with girls but now I can't seem to do it to her. I don't know why. All I need to do is call her name but it seems like the hardest thing to do at the moment.

...

It's already 3am and I haven't sleep. I'm still awake because I had to get some work done on my laptop. Now the work is done but I'm not feeling sleepy. I would have trouble to sleep when I passed my bed time. Always happen before.

Donghun was sleeping very soundly. He even lets out some snore. Fortunately not a loud one or else I would have shove his nostril with the earplugs.

After several attempt to sleep, I got out of the room to get some water or some snacks to fill my grumbling tummy. I saw the light of fridge from afar. Looks like someone's tummy pleading for food too.

Hey

I spontaneously greet her and saw that she froze.

Yeah?

She answered me while looking up at me. It's the first time I saw her outside the room after dinner time.

You want something to eat? I'm about to make some sandwich.

Sure.

I can't be any happier with the offer. Maybe I can sleep after filling my hungry self. I sit at the dining table waiting for the sandwich. Unconsciously, I'm watching her every action. She seems so delicate preparing the food. She's seems like a ballet dancer on a stage when she's in the kitchen. Somehow it was very amusing observing her action. I almost smiling when she suddenly looks at me. I quickly turns my eyes away. I didn't expect her catching me staring at her at all.

Junhee, you're embarrassing yourself! I want to disappear now!

When I was in the middle of fighting my embarrassment, the sandwich was served in front of me. I grab and bite it in split seconds.

Wow, this is a really good sandwich.

Come on, just cheese and ham lol.

Really? You made it so tasty.

Thanks. Have some more. I made some extra one.

The comment about her sandwich automatically comes out after I tasted it. I definitely grab the extra sandwich the she made.

Can I ask something? I decided to end my wonder about her.

Sure. What is it?

Why did you disappear into the room right after dinner time? How come you didn't come out at all?

Ahh.. about that.. I-

You're not comfortable with me?

No, not that. I just think that I'm invading your privacy that's why I want you to feel like I didn't exist in this house as much as possible.

Means that you're avoiding me? On purpose?

Umm yes?

You don't have to do that. The fact knowing that you're hiding is much more bothering to me. Act like this is your home too.

C-can I really do that?

Of course. I'm not a meanie.

Thank you! Now I'm relieved when you say so. All this while I was worry about you kicking me out anytime.

She thanked me in a big smile on her face. A very beautiful smile. I feel happy when she looks happy. I smiled to her too without I even realize.

After finishing the sandwich, both of us went to sleep. Finally I am able to shut my eyes and exploring my sweet dreams.

 Finally I am able to shut my eyes and exploring my sweet dreams