Ch1. Morning in Class

[photo credit: Koreaboo]

Jennie looked up at the large round clock.

815am.

Not surprisingly, Jennie was the first to arrive. In fact, she was the first at everything she cared about - school, mostly. And today was no exception. Jennie was the first to arrive for the first lecture on the first day of school as a college sophomore in law school.

Jennie settled herself into the center seat of the first row, so she could see, listen, learn, and take notes with minimal obstruction. She placed her bag on the seat beside her, took out her notebook and a pen, and glanced at the clock.

818am.

Enough time for a chapter, Jennie thought as she retrieved her Kindle out of her backpack and began reading.

----------

"And that concludes our first lesson! Remember to prepare for the case as instructed! And don't forget..." Mrs. Park's voice was drowned out as students began filing out of class, chatting excitedly after seeing one another for the first time after winter break.

"Thanks for reserving a seat for me, Jennie. You're the best!" Lisa beamed at Jennie as she packed up her stuff. "I can never understand how you can always make it to class so early, it's inhumane."

Jennie laughed, "That's because you wake up at 815 for an 830 class!"

"Smarty pants!" Lisa slapped Jennie's arm playfully in return. "Why aren't you moving? Let's go for lunch!"

"Nah, I'm just waiting for my turn to clarify with Mrs. Park on our assignment for next week. I couldn't capture what she said towards the end of the class," Jennie replied as she pointed to some bullet points in her trusty notebook.

Lisa nodded, then turned to the front of the lecture hall and spotted Mrs. Park speaking to another student. She cat-whistled softly and said, "Ah, the new student. Pretty, isn't she?"

"Hmm? For a moment I thought you're crushing on good ol' Mrs. Park!" Jennie laughed and that earned her more arm-slapping from Lisa.

"Ah so she's a transfer. No wonder I don't recall her from last year," Jennie said and turned to observe the raven. She was tall and slim, with milky white skin and dark long hair that ended in perfect waves and curls. "How did you know about her?"

"Jennie, she's Kim Jisoo! You mean you've never heard of her?" Lisa bulged her eyes and whispered in disbelief as Jennie shook her head slightly. "So apparently she's very smart - she transferred here from Stanford. And she's very athletic - she was the star striker in their soccer team. And she's really, and I mean REALLY, popular with the ladies - rumour has it that she is so hot she burns up every dancefloor she hits, and she gets to bang any lucky lady of her choosing any night."

Jennie frowned with a lop-sided smile and a raised brow.

Lisa paused and gave a thinking look, "Come to think of it, she and you should have a dance-off. My money's on you, just so you know. Don't let me down." Lisa winked.

Jennie laughed and nodded, "That would be... interesting. Oh! Looks like it's my turn!" Jennie bounced towards the front with her notebook and pen in hand, as she watched Jisoo bow politely at Mrs. Park once again.

Just as Jennie opened her mouth to address Mrs. Park, the raven turned around and looked directly into Jennie's eyes. As she walked slowly past Jennie, Jisoo winked. And smirked.

"Jennie? Yes, Jennie? Jennie??"

Jennie snapped out of her trance and saw Mrs. Park wearing a concerned look.

"Sorry, Mrs. Park. I wanted to confirm if this..." Jennie began her question about the class assignment, while her mind brewed a dozen more about the transfer student.

----------

"Ugh... so full! Food coma is setting in..." Lisa whined loudly, making her dance mates guffaw as they stretched diligently before practice.

"Stop whining, Lisa."

"You ate too much, greedy monster!"

The dance team poked fun at Lisa and joked around, with Jennie being the only pensive one.

"Yo, why so quiet? Did Mrs. Park give you more homework?" Lisa questioned, breaking Jennie out of her thoughts.

"Hmm? Oh no no, it's not that... Hey, umm did you see what happened just now?" Jennie asked with a tilt of her head and brows slightly furrowed.

"Yeah, I saw you munching and storing the sandwich in your dumpling cheeks like a horrific starving giant hamster. What's new?"

"Tsk!" Jennie pushed Lisa's forehead, making Lisa chuckle. "No, did you see that new student, what's her name again? Oh right, Jisoo. Didn't you see her looking at me and... and... and winking at me before she left?"

Lisa gasped. "Omo! Are you sure?? Wait, are you sure it's not a grain of sand irritating her eye?"

Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Omo omo omo Jennie ah! You could be that next lucky lady!" Lisa squealed excitedly.

"Shhhh! Keep it down, will ya!" Jennie flicked Lisa's forehead this time. "And no, I'm not going to fall for whatever choosing of hers, don't you worry. Come on, practice is starting." Jennie shook her head and pushed herself up from the floor and Jisoo out of her mind.

----------

A/N: Here comes the transfer student! And here comes my first work on wattpad, an original from yours truly ^^

Let me know what you think? <3