Ch36. Let's Play

A/N: Contains disturbing scenes. User discretion and/or parental guidance is advised.

"Um...," Jennie struggled to formulate a response to Joohee's crazy behaviour.

"Joohee, I thi—," Jisoo started but Joohee was quick to take ahold of Jennie's shoulder as she twirled the brunette around and led her away from the bar and towards the living room, "Come with me!"

The raven trailed closely behind the pair, with an ominous feeling sitting in her stomach.

"Aye twinnie, here's the spot! Clean it for me, will ya?" It sounded harmless enough and Joohee even added a couple of friendly pats onto Jennie's shoulder.

"Hm," Jennie hummed as she squatted down to examine the red mess, part on the parquet and part soaked up by the fluffy vanilla carpet, "is your hand okay?" She glanced up at Joohee and put on a rubber glove, before picking up the glass shards piece by piece.

"With the way Jisoo's been treating it, never better," Joohee just had to rub it in, while she sauntered away towards the bar counter.

It was beyond Jisoo how Jennie could still show concern for the pompous drunkard, but Jisoo decided not to hide her care either as she crouched down on her knees and started pinching out the shards.

Startled not by the raven's presence but by her actions, Jennie sharply inhaled and grabbed Jisoo's bare hands with her ungloved one. "No gloves, no go," the brunette chided with a frown, and Jisoo almost kissed the space between those worried brows.

Instead, Jisoo smiled longingly at the girl who seized her hands and her heart, and when said girl blushed and was about to retract her hand in a hurry, Jisoo held tightly on to it. There were so many things Jisoo wanted to say out loud but now was neither the time nor place, so she gave the calloused hand a reassuring squeeze before reluctantly letting go.

"You, on the other hand," Joohee had returned with a glass of red wine and was giggling at her word play, "should really learn to keep your hands to yourself, or should I say, to shit only, Jennitor." She was now full on cackling at her own joke as she stood towering over the other two who were on the floor.

Jennie remained silent but there was a visible gulp down her throat where her pride was forcefully swallowed, as she picked out the last of the shards and proceeded to remove her rubber glove, ditching her squat to get on all fours for easier cleaning of the stains.

And Jisoo hated the sight of this.

Clenching her jaws, Jisoo bolted upright and came face to face with the cackling Joohee. "Leave. Her. Alone," Jisoo warned through gritted teeth. Her limits were being tested and she was very close to blowing the lid off her temper.

"Or what, huh?" Joohee challenged, her gaze unafraid and menacing as she took a step closer to Jisoo. Her laugh was gone but in its place was a dark, taunting grin.

Angrier than ever, Jisoo did not know what to say, all she knew was that she had never felt her rage boil so violently within her she could feel her blood pulsate against her skin, her brain, her eyeballs, her stitches, her every cell in her body. But Joohee only seemed to enjoy this because the next thing she did tipped Jisoo off the scale – not breaking their stare, Joohee raised an eyebrow and the tips of her heinous grin and her glass, then sadistically pouring the contents over the side and spilling red wine all over Jennie's head.

And Jisoo exploded.

In a split second, she snatched the glass from Joohee's hand and flung it vigorously across the room with a shout, smashing it against a wall and splashing the leftover red like paint on a white canvas. She pushed Joohee hard against the shoulders and sent the girl flying backwards on to the floor, but before Jisoo could bend down to squeeze a hand around the pale neck, the sound of metal doors sliding close distracted her. She did not even hear the ding of the elevator, and then she abruptly realized it was the first time she had lost her cool like this.