Ch46. You're My 11:11 Wish

Jisoo was utterly taken aback when Jennie stepped up and pulled Jisoo behind the neck and into a kiss that started out as a warm press of the lips. She remembered staring wide-eyed and stunned at the brunette, who had her eyes closed and smelt of roses and tasted like strawberry lip balm. She recalled pushing her hand on Jennie's hip in an attempt to stop the girl, but her resolve faltered when Jennie whispered against her lips.

"Don't love me and then leave me."

Jennie's eyes were downcast and heavily lidded, her breath falling on Jisoo's lips in rhythm with her chest. The words cut like knives, ripping open Jisoo's heart only to unveil the ugly truth that she was doing exactly that – loving Jennie and soon leaving her.

With the tips of their noses brushing almost seductively, Jisoo could very easily close the gap and give in to everything she ever wanted to do with the brunette in her arms, but her conscience screamed for her not to commit the mistake she had been torturously avoiding since day one, the mistake that Jennie had just warned her seconds ago not to commit.

However, whatever willpower she had left died the next moment Jennie rasped out in a feather-light kiss, "Please."

Her hand moved on its own to drop the flashlight onto the small hallway table, and then instead of pushing, her hands now pulled Jennie in with a sudden force that made the brunette yelp but the sound was instantly swallowed by Jisoo's mouth on hers, their bodies flush against each other as if distance could kill.

Jennie's eyelids fell to a close and Jisoo let her own flutter shut too, as Jennie wrapped her arms around the raven's neck and pulled her deeper into the kiss, and Jisoo squeezed the small of Jennie's back and pressed their abs impossibly tighter together. It was a sensation so electrifying, so addictive, so right, unlike anything Jisoo had ever experienced and she wanted it to never stop.

But she knew she should.

Backing them into her bedroom, she pinned Jennie against the door once it swung shut, and exerted every ounce left of her rationality to peel her lips from the girl she loved – this was her last chance to arrest the spiral they were dangerously spinning down.

"Jennie," she panted into the mere inch of air between their lips. She kept her eyes on the door because if she so much as glanced into those chocolate orbs possibly blown with lust, she would be a goner to their desires. "You're right, I have to leave a-and so... I can't do this, I can't love you. I shoudn't."

Jennie's whisper, warm against the shell of the raven's ear, was about as lethal as her enrapturing eyes that Jisoo was averting. "You already do."

"Then I have to stop. We... have to stop." It sounded so traitorous to her own ears Jisoo felt like retching.

Her senses were in overdrive – she could feel so acutely Jennie's braless breasts heaving against her own, she could hear every shaky bit in the girl's panting breaths, she could feel the fidget of the brunette's fingers tangled in the hair at the back of her neck – but she waited as patiently as she could for Jennie to understand.

For a while, only their labored breaths filled her ears.

In place of a vocal reply, Jennie leant in and pecked Jisoo's lips, once, twice, thrice, with increasing urgency, and then she was about to do it again but Jisoo turned her face away, away from diving headlong into consequences she was sure neither of them was ready for. It took everything in her to resist succumbing to the sweet, sweet taste of rosy plump lips.

Her heart broke for the girl, broke for the both of them, but stopping this was a necessary evil – Jennie should not deserve to live with the regret that this mistake could cause for the rest of her life.