Ch25. Morning Cuddles

Jisoo's eyes popped open, and her head instantly hammered against her skull. Wincing in sharp pain, she snapped her eyes back shut and tried to raise her hands to her temples, only to realise her right arm was trapped. She attempted to sit up but soon discovered that was difficult too, because a dead weight pinned her torso down.

Squinting her eyes open, Jisoo cracked a huge smile at the sight before her, or more aptly, on her. There, head nestled warmly in the crook of Jisoo's neck, brown hair coloured harmoniously with streaks of Jisoo's black, an arm tightly hugging Jisoo's waist with the other hand clutching Jisoo's fingers, and basically entire body sprawled cozily atop Jisoo, was Jennie. Jisoo could feel the warmth of Jennie's legs tangled with hers under the blanket, and she could not resist giving the snuggling koala a longing kiss on the head.

Badly needing a bladder relief but unsure how to get there, Jisoo very softly wriggled her fingers that Jennie was grabbing onto, but that only resulted in the girl tightening her grip, and it right away melted Jisoo's heart into a puddle of mush.

How cute, Jisoo mused and laced their fingers together, because why not? She gave their hands a little squeeze, and watched as Jennie stirred unawake. Left with no other choice, Jisoo securely hugged Jennie's back with her free arm, then very, very slowly turned their bodies so that Jennie was now lying on her back on the bed. Prying her hands and legs oh-so-super carefully from the cutie sound asleep, Jisoo finally extracted herself from the bed and toddled quietly to the bathroom.

What is Jennie doing here? Did we... do anything inappropriate? Jisoo pondered under the hot running water of the shower. The sleep was helpful in subsiding the pounding in her head, enough for her to at least try and recall the events of last night. She was filling Rosé in on the deal with Joohee, then she had somehow lost count of the drinks she had consumed and Rosé had to pull her away from this smoking hot girl who had every intention of bringing Jisoo home with her. She also recalled Rosé's incessant nagging on the taxi ride home.

From then till the time her body landed in the comfort of her bed, there was a void in her memory, and the next thing she could remember was a warm body enveloping her own while faintly hearing Jennie humming her a soft lullaby and chasing away figments of a bad dream. Jennie must have swung by for some reason, and later decided to stay and take care of my sorry drunk ass, Jisoo sighed at the thought as she stepped out of the shower.

Whatever it is, Jennie now knows I wasn't at home rushing my assignment due today, Jisoo sighed louder this time as she blow-dried her hair, although technically she had not lied – she really did have an assignment she had to rush out but Joohee had insisted they went out for dinner together despite having spent an entire afternoon with her already, which vexed her so much she craved for a soul-numbing drinking session and got herself so smashed. And, the assignment was still untouched.

Putting on an oversized tee and a pair of boy shorts, Jisoo returned to the bedroom, closing the bathroom door behind her. Jennie was still in her bed, lying on her side with her back to Jisoo and the blanket tossed on to the floor. The girl's tee had ridden halfway up her torso, exposing the cute dimples on her flawless lower back, the seductive lines along her spine, and the taunting dip of her slender waist.

Jisoo prayed to all powers above to save her from doing anything she would regret, because right now, her intoxicated half-working brain, her raging mad hormones, and her stupid palpitating heart were definitely in cahoots against her.

Picking up the blanket from the floor and dusting it off, Jisoo nervously climbed into bed as slowly as she could before sprawling the blanket over the girl who looked so peaceful Jisoo would give the world just to keep her here like this.