Ch10. To the Club

1030pm could not come any quicker for Jennie tonight. All throughout afternoon classes, her mind kept sneaking to a particular raven, her eyes, her smile, her laugh, her touch, her smirk, her brows, her hands, her abs... Jennie shook her head forcefully. Ugh, stop, Jennie, concentrate!

It was 930pm now, and she had not decided on her attire, while Lisa was already working on her makeup.

"Hey! Watch it, sister!" Lisa shouted as she narrowly escaped a flying skirt. "You almost ruined my face art."

"Sorry, I just," Jennie strained while reaching further into her wardrobe for more clothing, "am trying," and tossing them blindly over her shoulder, "to figure out what to wear." She finally straightened up and surveyed her surroundings, to see most of the clothing successfully on her bed while some dresses landed on the floor and a skirt was dangling on top of the mirror Lisa was using. Groaning loudly, she raked her hands through her hair and collapsed on Lisa's unoccupied bed.

"You've never taken more than 5 minutes to decide on anything. What's the matter with you tonight?" Lisa was practically kissing the mirror as she inked the rim of her eye carefully. She had on a silver tank top coupled with a tight black leather skirt that ended way above her thighs.

"I don't know...," Jennie sighed as she sat up lifelessly.

Lisa peeked at Jennie in the mirror, "Relax. It's not like it's a date. Even if it were, you never cared enough anyway." There was a pause as Lisa collected her brushes and pens and sticks to tuck away in her drawer, and Jennie wondered if it was the right time to correct her friend. Maybe not now.

"Come on, let me help, you poor soulless creature," Lisa pulled Jennie up by both arms and spanked her butt before digging into the pile on Jennie's bed. "Let's see what you have here." They spent the next few minutes sifting through and debating until Jennie yelped and rolled on the bed, hugging her foot, "Ow! Fuck it hurts!"

Totally disregarding her friend who was wincing in pain, Lisa scanned the floor inquisitively before picking up the short black dress that had its zipper upright in the air. Jennie must have stepped on it but that was not what Lisa cared about right now as she held the dress up and flipped it back and forth a couple of times, nodding appreciatively, "Wowww this is pretty nice! This is it, put it on later."

Jennie was still curled up on the bed, rubbing her foot, when she heard a knock on the door, followed by Rosé's voice as she let herself in, "You ready, honey?"

"Yesss!" Lisa flung the dress on to the bed and squealed with pure joy. When Jennie finally managed to sit up, Lisa was already on the back of Rosé, kissing the sides of her girlfriend's face and making her laugh and squirm.

Jennie chuckled at the sweet display of affection, "Just get married already." Her right brain was suddenly wishing she had someone, too.

"Off and away to marriage!" Lisa giggled as Rosé piggybacked her out the door. "Catch you later, Jen! Don't be late!"

The only thing Lisa would be early for was clubbing – she was always too eager to reach there ahead of time, while Jennie could not care if she was late. Not this time though. This time, Jennie wanted to make a good impression. But why? She did not have time to think about why right now, as she rushed into the bathroom for a quick shower.

It was 1015pm by the time Jennie was out of the shower and pulling on her dress, a black off shoulder bandage dress that exposed her abdomen and left side of her waist. With no time to spare, she ignored her hesitation at how revealing the dress was and started on her makeup instead. When she was about to work on her hair, there was a knock on the door and her heart skipped a beat.