Ch59. The End

Jennie exhaled through a smile and pulled Jisoo's arms tighter around her waist, snuggling her bare back closer into Jisoo's front.

She was happy, something she had not experienced in a while, and she prayed hard for this bliss to last.

"You're up?" Jisoo husked softly against her neck, raising the tiny hairs on it.

Jennie hummed and nodded like a cute kitten, melting Jisoo's heart.

"So, uh, how was your date?" Jisoo was clearly worried about where she stood.

"It wasn't one, why?"

Jisoo shrugged. "He gave you flowers."

"I trashed them. Wait, are you jealous?" Jennie suddenly realized something and turned to face Jisoo in bed. "And oh my god, have you been snooping around me?"

"I'm not jealous, I'm just... worried. And I haven't been snooping, I've just been... making sure you're alright." She twirled Jennie's brown locks to avoid the piercing gaze.

"For how long?"

Jisoo started rambling, "Oh I flew in yesterday morning and waited at the track with a bouquet too – roses, mind you – but you didn't appear then I saw you get into his car so I trashed mine but then I didn't want to make the same mistake of losing you, at least not without a fight, so I got something else and waited at the gate till you, well, showed up. And th–"

"What about before yesterday?"

"Huh?"

"Have you been around me?"

Jisoo took in a deep breath and nodded, "Yeah, once or twice weekly, on weekdays. Because I know you and Rosé and Lisa travel to San Franc over the weekends. They send me photos whenever you guys visit."

She shrugged nonchalantly but Jennie knew the nerves that the girl was masking.

"You should have said hi, Jisoo," Jennie cupped the raven's cheek, the one which took the hit yesterday. She caressed the smooth fair skin with her thumb, soothing any pain left behind. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, you have no idea how much," Jisoo sighed as she looked away, "but I-I was just too scared." She gulped. "Too scared to see the pity in your eyes when you... find out about my leg."

She clenched her jaws – it was always tough to admit her weaknesses out loud. "I don't want you to be with me out of obligation or sympathy or guilt or anything like that, I don't want you to suffer with me."

Hearing Jisoo admit her self-doubt pained Jennie, but the truth always hurt.

"You know I will always love you for you," Jennie pressed a palm on Jisoo's heart, "here, on the inside." She tucked a strand behind the raven's ear and gently tilted Jisoo's chin up for their eyes to meet. "If it took you any longer, you could have lost me."

"Never again. I'm back for good," Jisoo leant forward and melded their lips together in a slow, sentimental kiss, the kind that conveyed messages when no words could.

"I love you, Jennie," she fished out something from her pocket but it was too dark to decipher, until she opened it up to reveal a shimmering diamond ring, which elicited a loud gasp from Jennie whose hands flew to her mouth. "Will you be mine?"

Jennie gasped aloud. "Jisoo, I...," she trailed off as her eyes glistened.

And every tick of the second hand was killing Jisoo with the silence.

"Yes, a hundred percent yes!" Jennie threw her arms around Jisoo's neck and pulled her into a searing kiss that burnt with every fibre of her being.