Ch23. Second Week, New Friend

Once Joohee turned the corner and disappeared out of sight, Jennie cocked her head and jutted her tongue in her cheek, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow as a silent question to Jisoo. Her entire stance screamed combative jealous girlfriend, a position that was not currently hers but she could not bother with that right now.

It's a matter of time that I'll have the right to be angry, so let's just prepone it.

Wait, what? Never mind, I'm pissed and that's that.

She was going to tap her foot impatiently to complete the whole aggressive look but she thought that it would be too much, too dramatic. Besides, she was not that angry, just... angry. Quite angry.

She watched as Jisoo rubbed the nape of her neck ruefully and screwed her eyes shut. The raven looked like she was having such a bad day that Jennie involuntarily softened and almost dropped the entire matter to pull the girl into a hug. No, Jennie, focus!

Taking in a deep breath and hooking her thumbs on the front pockets of her denim shorts, Jisoo opened her eyes and grinned, "Hey, baby." Her voice was charmingly husky and she added a head tilt that nearly worked its magic on Jennie. Just like that, the unfamiliar Jisoo who had been quiet and oddly tense up till a moment ago was gone, and the usually confident and flirtatious Jisoo was back.

But Jennie decided to stand firm and not move a muscle, other than her tongue poking around in her cheek. As much as she realized they were not exactly a couple and hence she probably had no right to behave like this, she did not want to be led on like a fool. She was not going to let herself be played.

"Oh, so now I'm your baby and you're her dear, huh?" Jennie scoffed bitingly.

Jisoo quirked a perfectly trimmed brow and had the audacity to smirk and lean into Jennie's ear, "Aww, are you... jealous?"

Jennie was consciously keeping a lid on her anger, trying to stop it from blowing out of proportion but it was getting harder with Jisoo's flippant smirk like all this was just a game. Taking a step back from the raven, Jennie rolled her eyes and glared coldly, "Exactly how you like all your girls to be, don't you? Falling on their knees and clamouring over you."

Jisoo's expression changed immediately to one of concern and worry, as her eyes darted around Jennie's face and she quickly stepped forward and reached out her hands to gently hold the brunette's upper arms. Jennie attempted to shrug the raven off but Jisoo locked her sincere gaze with Jennie and cooed softly, "Hey, Jen, hey... that's not true, you know that..."

The palpable care in Jisoo's brown eyes and the soothing authenticity in her voice wriggled their way through the anger and into Jennie's heart, calming the nerves and easing the unwanted edginess.

"Joohee and I just bumped into each other and we started talking, that's all. And then she asked for my number, and..."

"You don't have to explain," deflating with a long huff, Jennie dropped her arms to her sides and eyes to the floor, shaking her head, "I'm sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me. I just thought..." she raked a hand through her hair and sighed.

"That I'm hitting on other girls? In particular, Joohee?" It was as if Jisoo had read her thoughts and it made Jennie blush in embarrassment. Softly, she felt a finger encouraging her chin up to meet Jisoo's round chocolate eyes, so honest and disarming they took her breath away.

Unsure if it was because her thoughts had been verbalised or because those reassuring brown orbs were waiting for her, Jennie felt shy and sheepish all of a sudden so she pursed her lips and shrugged, hoping she was not as flushed as her body reacted, "Even so, I've no right to stop you."