1. Danger

With old age creeping in and the seasons changing from winter to spring, Namjoon finds strength to walk through the dusty compound and into the shelter of his little shack. He spots his daughter silently curled on the ragged couch.

"Karoo?" He calls with a smile entering the room. He takes a seat next to her, as she sits up and makes room for her dad.

"Dad, you're back so early. How come?" She positions herself to the sound of his voice.

He chuckles a little bringing his bony hand in hers. He places a finished product of the new walking stick in her hand. "I wanted to give you this. It took some time to look for good sticks to bind but luckily I found some,"

Karoo delicately welcomes the stick in her hands. "Thank you dad," she smiles as her slender fingers feel the rough edges of her new walking stick. Just like her old stick the new one has a short life span. Four to six days and it would be broken. Neither the less Karoo was always grateful and pleased whenever her dad went out his way and time to make one. She knew it wasn't easy on him, as he had to go out there and try to provide for them.

Their life was truly a struggle. They lived in a little shack and hardly had enough money to support themselves. They focused more on their needs to ensure a safe living and not like the life they had before.

Four years ago, an unknown illness had gained access into Namjoon's body which resulted in him having to stop working. His body was weak and incapable of continuing in the same job. With no other way to make money, Namjoon was evicted from his home. He searched anywhere for a place for him and his daughter. He found a shelter down town. The shelter was nowhere near safe. The area in which the shelter was situated was an eerie dark place. However, it was placed near an old  ruined village. The village had much better air, despite its surrounding it was better then that unsafe sickening shelter.

A year later Namjoon decided to move out to the village, in a little shack with his only nineteen year old daughter. Without proper care and medical attention Namjoon's body weakened to fragile bits but he kept pushing until he slightly got better. He took necessary everyday treatment like water and eating foods with vitamins. With years passing and his condition still stale he still manages to provide enough as well as keep his daughter, Karoo of twenty-three years safe.

"Thank you so much daddy," Karoo warmly repeats. Her eyes sparkle with excitement, uplifting Namjoon's spirit. "Can I test it out?" A light smile plasters on her face.

Namjoon's love for her surpasses any other emotion he's ever felt in his life. She was his happiness and greatest joy. Even with her blindness she could feel the literal tangible love he had for her. 

"You want to test it? No problem," He agrees. "Jimin!" He yells out.

A boy with worn out black skinny jeans and a faded black Coca-Cola t-shirt rushes to the sound of his name. He stands by the doorway blocking the sunlight that radiates in the little room. He turns and looks at Karoo.

"Oh! You got a new stick!" He excites, walking in and takes his place on the couch next to her. The weight of Jimin together with Karoo and Namjoon makes them go further deep down on the couch. "It looks nice," Jimin grins seeing her delighted face. "Let me guess, you wanna take it for a spin?"

Karoo nods her head. "Of course. This my new baby," she laughs a little. Jimin looks at Namjoon for permission.

Since Namjoon and Karoo moved in Jimin has been the first friendly guide to welcome and offer any help that he could. Jimin just happened to have chosen to help Namjoon as a loyal helper. Namjoon kindly rejected not being able to pay the ecstatic kid, but that didn't stop Jimin from handing a helping hand every single day including even sleeping there. He was only there during holidays and on school days he tried as best as he could to come over. So far, his school hasn't yet started, so he automatically lived in Namjoon's residents.