24. Alone

"He's not gonna make it, he's not gonna make it,"

"He's gonna make it- wait wait wait! Jooheon has the ball!"

"He shoots-"

"GOAL!!!!!!"

Taehyung and Jungkook jump up from the couches in horrific excitement, joining the fans on screen. They both laugh afterwards giving each other a tight hug both resting back on the couches.

"Man that was so close," Jungkook says watching the screen paying attention to the announcers speaking to the winner.

Since Taehyung came home they both bonded over their lost time and a lot of memories were brought back. From singing songs to dancing to wrestling to sitting around talking about everything. Karoo called Taehyung telling him she'd stay at her dad's place over night. That gave Jungkook enough time to break down the news to Taehyung. It was just the two of them. "Hey, there's something I want to talk to you about. I don't expect you to say no,"

"Sure,"

"I wanna leave the house. I wanna leave this house," Jungkook says thinking back to Jin's words. "Maybe go back to my home, be alone and think things through,"

"Why?" Taehyung asks, concern heard from his voice.

"I'm really blessed to have had a friend like you, thank you so much for helping me out. Bringing me here will always be in my best books. I really appreciate what you and..your fiance..have done for me," he ruffles his hair thinking of Karoo. "But I wanna be by myself,"

"But you are alone aren't you? I brought you to Deagui. Nobody knows you here," Taehyung tries to break the thoughts.

Jungkook licks his lips looking for a response. "It's not the same thing Tae. I wanna be alone and restructure my life, you know."

"But that's what you're here for?" Taehyung says. "Do you wanna live in the outside cottage instead of living in the rooms here?"

"No cottages Tae- your home is big enough and very open," Jungkook says with a little smile. "But, I'm a grown man and after what happened, I think it's time for me to move on and move past it,"

Taehyung sighs in defeat after seeing Jungkook's smile. "Alright," he nods his head. "If that's what you want and you're certain about it, then I'm fine with it,"

"Thank you," Jungkook smiles leaning back on the chair.

Karoo breaths slowly trying to understand what she heard. She wanted to stay at her dad's place but to have time to think, but he insisted that she think with Taehyung instead. To her surprise, when she got home the whole house was awake as if a festival happened in doors.

The thought of Jungkook and Taehyung having fun blew her mind and caused her to grin. But by the time she stood by the living room door and heard what Jungkook was saying, her heart exploded.

She takes deep steady breaths fixing her face walking into the living room with her heels in hand and phone on the other hand. "It's so lively here," she says, alarming both man.

Jungkook sees her face and it looked blocked. He immediately feels a cloud of worry around him. He was uncertain whether she heard or not. He didn't want her to know, because he knew if she knew that she'd try everything to stop him and make him stay. But he had to listen to Jin. Karoo was happy when he wasn't here and would also be happy when he was gone.

"Hey babe," Taehyung says cheerfully when Karoo deflates next to him completely drained. "I thought you said, you were camping with your dad,"

Karoo avoids looking at Jungkook laying her head on Taehyung's lap, closing her eyes. "Dad was being so uptight,"