9. Awake

"From the results of the tests and observations, she will be able to see," Dr. Kim SeokJin assures looking through Karoo's report and results.

The whole morning since they arrived at the hospital Karoo's been patient and steady while they examined her eyes. She felt more fingers touch her face then just JK. It was nerve wrecking since nobody said anything besides the comfort of JK's hand holding and kisses that she's doing great and she'll be alright, it was painfully quiet.

"In fact nobody could've thought of a possible solution to this problem a year ago. But with the arrival of our new laser machine the route of the problem can easily be solved." Dr. Jin smiles at Karoo. "But if I must say you are both lucky.. okay let me see," Jin gets up looking closely into her eyes and nodding his head. "There aren't that many complications and it's safe to say she'll easily regain her sight."

"That's terrific news," JK smiles and looks over to Karoo resembling her grin. "So uh when can the operation be done?"

"Oh two or three days depends on my schedule and openings,"

"That's excellent news. Karoo are you happy?" JK asks her. She nods her head too happy to say anything otherwise she'd start crying in joy, making both males smile zealously.

"Alright what we can do now is that you take her to the i-room so that we can do further testing, so that we can make this operation easy. We can check the scans and from there I'll call you in two or three days,"

"Alright thanks Doctor Jin. Karoo let's go," JK and Karoo stand up bowing.

"Hold on what's her name again?" Dr. Jin asks not bothering to look at her documents.

"Karoo," JK answers.

"Have a nice day Karoo," Jin says kindly. Karoo makes some happy sounds with her mouth before leaving to the i-room with JK.

____________________________
2 days later..
At night...

Karoo smells her wrist one more time swarming herself with bliss at her new stuff. The shoes, t-shirts, shirts, skirts, dresses, some undergarments and even perfumes and hair products. This is the third time this night she's waking up just smiling and enjoys the smell. It's long past midnight but that did not stop the excitement for Karoo. She places her fingers on her neck to the pendant she loved most. It was small and at the end of it was a little circle with braille writing saying, love.

She picks up her cane and navigates herself to the window pane where she sits down and feels the cool breeze on her face. She ends up opening the balcony door and going outside leaning on the rail and closing her eyes..there was no difference at all opening and closing her eyes. It was all the same, all she saw was darkness. Very soon..she'd be able to see and she didn't know how she felt about it.

Her father had died a month ago and it still hurt her badly. Thinking of how other people had to burry him and Agust had just disappeared without a trace really was a sad sight. Her father would've been so happy to know that she could see again and that all his efforts did not go to waste. All she wanted to do was be in his embrace again and see him as well. Her heart swells and she begins crying.

"Karoo?"

She sniffs and dries her eyes. JK had also been outside his porch reading over some documents until he spotted her coming out. He watched her in silence loving her from his side. He knew just by her being here that she's been so happy but when he heard her cry his focus shifted. He quickly leaves his room going over to her room and coming outside to where he was hearing her sniffs up close.

He rests his chin on her shoulder putting his arms around her waist. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?"