18. Clear Head

"Karoo is.." Jungkook comments walking next to Taehyung escorting him to the front door of the house. Breakfast was delicious, Jungkook fell in love with the food but he would've enjoyed the food more if Karoo joined them. Ever since he spoke to her she has been distant. Not only from him but also from Taehyung.

"Being weird?" Taehyung asks adjusting his blazer opening the door. "I know,"

"You know?" Jungkook's eyes enlarge feeling a bit nervous.

"Yes, she's being strange and doesn't want to talk." Taehyung thinks, walking towards his car that is already outside and ready to go. He is presenting a speech of excellence at a private university and he doesn't want to be late. "I don't really know what's wrong. Usually she's open and confident with me but now she's being secretive and speechless. Kind of reminds me of the first time we met. She was so moody and closed off didn't want too see or hear anything. Everything around her had to be dead silent and black for her to be comfortable. It sesens she's gone to that state again." Taehyung opens the backdoor, greeting the driver in the front seat.

"What caused her to be like that?" Jungkook asks. The Karoo he knew was always bright and happy.

"Someone in her past passed away. I guess her lover... She wasn't a happy girl at all. Until I got to uncover her sadness. She's a very good person and is so lovable and bright, sorry you have to see her this way." He apologizes and turns to Jungkook. "I should really be here for her right now since I know she's dealing with it on her own, but this is really important for me. Can you keep her company? I'll have dinner with her later on at a restaurant to make up for my absence but can you just be with her until I get back?"

Jungkook nods his head reassuringly, relieved that Taehyung is trusting him with Karoo. "Sure, yeah no problem,"

Just as Taehyung is about to go in, both snap their heads in the direction of Karoo calling. She smiles at Taehyung completely avoiding Jungkook. "How could you forget the most important papers of the day?" She asks placing a file with his his presentation.

"Thanks," Taehyung grins down at her. "Your a life saver," he bends down planting a kiss on her lips making Jungkook look away until Taehyung gets in the car.

The car begins to reverse and Karoo's smile fades turning around seeing Jungkook behind her.

"Good morning," he greets hopefully.

She crinkles her lips looking away before muttering a small greeting and going away. Jungkook's eyes shut lightly following her back inside the house.

She goes in the kitchen ready to start cleaning whilst Jungkook stands by the entrance of the kitchen.

"Karoo," He calls startling Fei. She turns to him and her face turns hot, his gaze lingers on her for a few milliseconds and focuses back on Karoo's back. "Can I speak to you?"

"Speak."

"No, I mean in private," he says again.

Karoo turns around with a blank face. "You can say what you want here in the open," the truth is Karoo doesn't want to be alone with him, not after what she's been feeling.

"Fine," he says entering the kitchen and sitting on one of the stools. Karoo turns back around washing the dishes. Fei and two other maids cleaning the countertops, stoves and inside drawers, keep silent.

Jungkook puts his hands together paying attention to Karoo now. "Are you okay?"

Karoo thinks for a moment at the question and nods her head. "Perfectly fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well lately, you've been looking down," Jungkook stands up and goes over to the sink picking up a dry cloth. "I'll dry," he says. A spark ignites in Karoo remembering JK helping her around in his house, whenever the dishes would be too much he'd always insist on helping her.