16. Departing

The gates open up and the car drives in. Taehyung took an early lunch break from work in order to pick up Karoo from her university and drop her back home.

Karoo rolls her neck around. "I need a hot shower and then I need to swim, then I need a hot shower again," she looks out the window seeing it was still shinning day light. Her class finished early today as it was the last day before the Cycle semester exams.

Taehyung chuckles while shaking his head. "I don't even know why you love water so much, you hardly swim only float. I don't think I've ever seen you swim,"

"Floating and swimming, same difference," Karoo says remembering the first time she learnt how to float when JK... She shakes her head trying not to remember. When the car stops outside of the garage she turns to him with a frown. "Do you have to go back to work?"

He nods his head sadly. "Yes, but I can walk you in," he says.

Karoo nods her head removing her seatbelt watching it roll back rapidly to its place, little things she saw always amazed her. Without her sight she had no image of how things worked but after she started seeing again she got to see the beauty and creativity behind some of the objects she never knew about. She is still marvelled by it all and sad at the same time. The one supposed to show her all these things was JK but... Karoo shakes her head again trying not to think.

She walks around the car to Taehyung who's already standing and waiting for her. He puts his arm around her shoulder and they walk towards the paved way to the front entrance. Taehyung grins unexpectedly and drags Karoo away from the door with her as they go through the paved way to the backyard.

There is a white building behind the house with 3 floors, each floor has gym equipments but with levels. The top floor has an open view so that anybody inside would be able to step out for a moment and just look around the amazing view.

Jungkook steps out of the building and is surprised when he sees Taehyung and Karoo. He immediately shifts his eyes to Taehyung avoiding Karoo. He made up his mind at night that he wouldn't draw too much of Karoo's attention to himself. The less she knew about him the better it was for them both.

"I see you like the gym already," Taehyung says making Jungkook shyly smile. Taehyung wraps his arm around Karoo's shoulder again. "I actually wanted to formally introduce you to my fiance, Karoo and Karoo this is Jungkook,"

Jungkook's smile fades a bit away as he now turns to Karoo. She was and still is beautiful. Her smile although it's not as bright as before is still brighter. Her eyes that were looking back into his soul were magical. They looked back to him with wonder and admiration. He missed that light of love in her eyes, love for him. He even missed the fixed milky way look she gave just to him. Now that he's up close and standing infront of her for the first time, he gets to see how much more beautiful she got. She's been taking care of herself, he notes.

"How are you Jungkook?" Karoo asks softly.

Jungkook closes his eyes nodding his head with a caring smile to assure her that he was fine. He wants to thank her for the clothes she gave him but he knows that if he utters a word she will immediately recognise his voice. Maybe she wouldn't recognise his voice but he wasn't about to take that risk.

"Taehyung has told me a lot about you, and I'm really happy for you. I'm happy that you are alive. Death is very cruel, so the fact that you escaped is something to be happy about. I'm sorry for everything that's happened to you, I'm sure it was tough and lonely being out there all on your own." She says with a hint of sadness, melting Jungkook's heart. "You know, you should really be grateful that now you have another opportunity to get a new life,"