23. Recognise

Few days later

"My daughter." Jin gets out his car speed walking to Karoo with arms open. "Are you alright?"

She accepts his hug quickly pulling away drawing her hair to the back. "Daddy I'm not,"

"What's the problem?"

She looks to the door and back at him. "Something terrible is happening in my life,"

"Your life? What's going on?" Jin can't hold back his shocked expression.

"Come on dad, I really need you to see this." She says dragging her dad to follow her. She goes inside the house walking all the way to the back door leading to the backyard. They cross the long sidewalk going over to gate.

"The preparations of your wedding are coming all together. Are you ready? Because it's coming up very soon,"

"Dad I can not get married without confirming this," Karoo says, taking Jin completely by surprise. "You've heard JK speak right?"

"What?"

"Dad please answer this," she begs.

Jin with much confusion he nods his head. "Yes."

"Which means you can recognise him when you see him?"

"Yes,"

Karoo nods her head. Her father would never lie to her. They take a few more steps forward and Karoo points with her finger. "Over there,"

"Where?" Jin asks looking around. Karoo rolls her eyes placing her hand on his cheek moving his head beyond the gates, to the pool.

"There. That man in the pool. The one that's getting out. The only one there," Karoo bites her lip in order to stop herself from Jungkook's toned body.

Jin immediately recognises him but rapidily hides it. "You mean the man with the abnormally torn abs?"

Karoo shyly nods keeping her gaze serious. "Yes– dad please stop looking at me like I'm a mad person, because I'm very much sane. Is he the one?"

"I've not seen that face in my life–"

Karoo stops him shaking her head. "No no no no- look at him again,"

"I've never seen that face ever,"

"Dad are you sure?" she says. "The voice I've been hearing is that of JK,"

"Karoo," Jin shakes his head looking back to Jungkook then to Karoo sighing. "Baby, JK is dead. Whether they found his body or not, he's dead. Your brother Jimin said so and no record of JK ever appeared again. In fact JK died in Seoul. That man with the scars is not JK, because JK has been dead for a whole year and some months now,"

"But dad-"

"No buts sweety. If you say that man is JK that means you are claiming that JK has resurrected from the dead." Jin says holding onto Karoo's shoulders. "And I know only Jesus has done that, maybe even Lazarus. Why are you still hanging on to the past?"

Karoo tries removing his hands but he holds on tighter. "Dad," She wines.

"Karoo, it's not him. Your body, your mind, your soul must be holding onto the future," Jin says removing his hands from her shoulders looking back to the man in the pool. "I'm actually feeling kinda bad now, I thought you called me to tell me that I was supposed to be having lunch with my most obedient daughter. Not be interrogated about this,"

Karoo looks back to Jungkook seeing that he's doing another lap going back and forward in the pool. She was already so convinced that he was JK- everything was pointing to him. It's just she didn't know how he looked. "Wait dad- in the hospital they had to make him sign some papers about my and his details. And I know that you have them- do you remember the name he put there?"