17. The Past

Early in the morning Karoo gets up before Taehyung going downstairs preparing breakfast with the help of the maid Fei. Ever since Karoo began living with Taehyung she had grown fond of Fei, as Fei knew almost everything about all of Taehyung's relationships. If it were possible she would've gotten married to Taehyung herself because of how well she knew him and he knew her.

Karoo and Fei talk as usual laughing here and there until a sleepy blue haired Taehyung enters in the kitchen. He's shirtless and looks really tired with a sleezy smile. He comes behind Karoo and plants his head between her neck and shoulder. "Good morning my dimpled cutie," he whispers in her ear with a smile. "How are you?"

Karoo cackles by the light tickles on her neck caused by his lips. "I'm very warm this morning and you?"

"Cold," he brings his arms around her waist trying to get body heat. Taehyung didn't understand why but he always found pleasure with everything he did with Karoo. Compared to Jennie, Karoo was much more desirable to be around.

Karoo feels him begin to loose himself with the kisses on her neck making her squirm with the unknown pleasure. "Tae not in the kitchen,"

"But I'm feeling so cold," he pouts but eventually cools down and stops.

"Come with me over here," Karoo holds his hand and brings him over to the stove. She switches the stove on and places her hand above on the stovetop. "It'll keep you warm."

Taehyung laughs doing exactly what she's doing. "It's like a heater,"

"No. You don't say," she sarcastically jokes. "My dad and I used to do this all the time. Wood and fire though,"

"Oh. Jin used to do this?" Taehyung shakes his head. "That man sure is full of surprises,"

Karoo's smile deflates a little, before coming back up. Sometimes she forgets how she's locked her past out of people's ears and how nobody would ever know about it. But considering Taehyung she didn't know whether to tell him or not.

It's not that she is ashamed, but she is afraid to remember. Afraid of remembering the past. Remembering and being sad and feeling lonely all over again. Remembering of the hands that once comforted her and the beautiful night that breezed lightly on her face as she ate her watermelon being watched by him. Those days were long gone and never to return.

"Yes he is," Karoo says looking to Taehyung. "Alright, go put on some warm clothes and come down for breakfast,"

"Can you make room for plus one?" He asks. "I promised Jungkook that he'd taste your breakfast,"

Karoo is out of words feeling her heart being buffled again while her brain tries calming it down. "No problem,"

"I'll be down in a minute," Taehyung turns around finally seeing Fei and his face freezes looking down at his choice of shorts, white with hearts.

"Good morning sir," she slightly bows. He smiles and nods his head running out the kitchen like a little boy.

Karoo shakes her head turning around hearing Taehyung running out the kitchen.

"Mr Kim is a charmer," Fei says moving over to the stove, placing a pan preparing to make sinseollo, an elaborate dish of meat and vegetables cooked in a rich broth. "I wish I had somebody like him,"

"You make sinseollo and I'll make Gujeolpan," Karoo smiles. "Back to charmer guy, I wish you find somebody who makes you happy,"

Fei already loving the smell of the seasoned spice. She loves being in the kitchen with Karoo, learning new dishes as well as getting life advices from her. Karoo is like a mother to Fei, even in age.