20. New Happiness

"It's like making burger patties,"

"I know you're not talking about making Kkikho? Burger patties?" Jungkook asks Karoo in shock. "Karoo you know nothing about cooking if you say that,"

Karoo giggles frying the mince meat on the pan with a skeptically looking Fei as she cleans up after them. For the past few days Jungkook has been spending most of his time with Karoo instead of keeping to himself and doing the work that Taehyung gave. Fei had been quiet about it, but it seemed that it was no longer a secret as everyone knew that Jungkook enjoyed spending his time with Karoo which wasn't a bad thing. Except Fei didn't like how he was always around Karoo fully knowing that Karoo had a soon to be husband. He was too close to her.

Jungkook stands next to Karoo watching her as she used a wooden spoon to mix around the pan.

When he wanted to say something, he had to process it in his head because at times the things he said would immediately reflect that he was JK. He knows that Karoo still has questions and doubts, yet he dodged them all like a professional.

"There we go," she says switching the stove off and bringing a plate near so that she can put some for Jungkook and herself. They both walk out the kitchen to the dining hall and set the plates down.

Karoo also enjoyed spending her time with Jungkook. Not only because Taehyung was always at work but because she felt more at ease with him. She didn't want to think far and kept all her questions within her brain limit. She didn't want to question the little things she noticed on him, from his behaviour with her to his behaviour with himself.

They both sit on the dinning table with different dishes that they made together, from Karoo's recent favourite dishes to the ones she enjoyed as she was growing up, to the dishes she's never tried before suggested by Jungkook. With the help of Jungkook they made small portions for each as they wanted to eat everything.

"Shall we dig in?" He asks looking at her glimmering eyes. She was happy and he could see it. It was dangerous, he knew he was tempering with violent waters but he carried on. If he was going to leave her with Taehyung then he at least needed to enjoy her presence before he'd miss it forever.

Karoo nods her head lifting her fork up taking the first bite tasting as the flavours swirled around her tongue. She nods her head looking at Jungkook who keeps his eyes on her. "It's clear to eat, it's fanatic,"

He chuckles. "Good. The food will have to go through your mouth first before it goes through my stomach,"

______________________________
At night

Jungkook arranges the pages in order, rubbing his eyes. He's been down in the living room working on the stack of papers Taehyung gave him. He was almost done and was so grateful. At this point he wanted a distraction from his thoughts.

Turns out his construction company had recieved word that he was alive and well, meaning that they would be expecting him. Jungkook doesn't want to go just yet, the company was doing fine anyway. He wanted to help Taehyung first before going back there. Maybe also stay with Karoo a little longer.

He reads the pre-documentation of the plot of land, squinting his eyes. "What the hell were these people thinking when they put that there?" He shakes his head already jotting down the problems he saw with the new construction sight plan view. "This will have to go,"

Karoo quietly stands by the living room entrance watching Jungkook working. The whole house is dark except for the living room. She came downstairs to drink water but when she saw the open light and some muttering she came to see.

Jungkook notices her and his face immediately lights up. "Hey,"

"Oh-" she stands up straight bowing her head being embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I'll leave you to work,"