27. Another day

Taehyung turns to Karoo as she's telling him how her day went. It's the first time in a long while since she spoke without filter, without hiding who she was in the past. Taehyung paid close attention.

"I was in the hospital with my dad and then I heard a voice," she says touching her ear. "A very familiar voice, and when I turned and tried to see the person who had the voice I swore I nearly fainted,"

"Why?" He asks.

"In my town, where I grew up, their was this guy who was so vain and full of anger. He killed anyone he wanted, he did what he wanted and generally lived his life the way he wanted. I was blind so I never knew how he looked and so I remembered the voice. In fact every voice I hear creates a picture in my head," she thinks deeply. "I don't know how, but it does."

Taehyung's eyes widen after her confession. "You were blind?"

Karoo nods her head. After a while she had begun seeing Taehyung as her friend instead of fiance. She figured hopefully that her feelings for JK would diminish and there would be room to love Taehyung. But that couldn't just happen overnight.

How could one simply forgot the ones they loved?

At the same time she knew that she would always see Taehyung as a friend who would never do her dirty so she went along with it.

"Yep," she lets out a breath. "That's a story for another day,"

Taehyung playfully frowns. He was glad that she was slowly opening up to him. They both enter in the bedroom going over to the bed. "I see, okay. I can't wait to hear it." He doesn't push for answers knowing she doesn't work like that.

"So I heard the man's voice and I saw him," she gulps. "His name is Agust. Well that's what the villagers and I knew him as but his real name is Yoongi. Apparently he left the village with his 'girlfriend' to live a new life. We made eye contact and he was so surprised, before he could even come my way I stood up and left. He killed a lot of people. A lot of good people," Karoo shakes her head blinking the tears away as Taehyung rubs her back. "My father passed away because of him and also my past lover or so I was told by my brother." she mutters. "His voice forever sounded savage to me so when I saw him with his angelic face and bright clothes I thought that couldn't have been him. It's weird how people look a certain way but their hearts are entirely different,"  she finishes.

"True, you'd be surprised at the amount of big pretenders we have in this world. I'm sorry about your dad by the way," Taehyung says apologetic. "On a light note, this explains the differences between you and Dr. Jin,"

Karoo nods her head. "He's alright. After all, he saved me from almost trying to kill myself and on a light note, he gave me you,"

"Karoo," Taehyung starts bringing his face close to her looking deeply in her eyes. "You've been through so much. And here you are still smiling and looking forward,"

Karoo remembers Jungkook's words and tightly smiles. "What can I say. You bring me joy,"

"That's not true," he smirks leaning back on the headboard bringing her over to sit on his thighs. "It's true that I want to see you smile everyday, but this joy you have, is not because of what I've done or me,"

Her hand crosses over his chest to his shoulder with a brief smile. "If you keep thinking like that after our marriage then we're gonna have problems. I'm happy right here with you. I made a promise. A promise to myself that I would stick thick and thin with you," she thinks of what she promised to Jungkook. That was the only thing she was living each day by.

"One day Karoo. One day I'll get you to speak and really really tell me what's on your mind," is all he says with a proud smile. "Carry on with your story,"