30. All That Matters

Karoo leans against the passengers door watching Jungkook driving. His arms had lots of veins which she found attractive, the contrast however was that his fingers were so soft. The way he caressed the back of her hand with his thumb without realising it, it charmed Karoo. His other hand on the steering wheel and his eyes glued to the road they were traveling on.

"What?" He suddenly asks after a long silence between them. "Why do you keep looking at me like that?"

Karoo shrugs her shoulders. "Maybe because I want you to be the only thing I see. The only one I see,"

"Is that so?" Jungkook asks letting out a little chuckle. "Okay,"

She watches him slow down the car before completly stopping by a green light. He faces Karoo, completely ignoring the honking and sounds of the other cars that rage immediately, and smiles at her with his perfect bunny teeth.

"Why did you do that?" Karoo shockingly asks with a huge grin on her face. The cars behind Jungkook drove around but honking as they drove past the window- displaying their complaints.

"Because I want to look at you too," he says, the light turns red making Jungkook chuckle. "You've got beautiful eyes,"

A feeling arises in her, that she's only felt when being blind. "Seriously. How did I even meet you? What makes me so lucky to have you?"

Jungkook smiles at her facing the road once. "Well, if I recall, you nearly fell to your death,"

"Yeah," she chuckles. "I know that part but what were you doing?"

"I was watching the stream below, you know. Taking a little break from all the stress of work. Next thing I saw you mindlessly sprinting towards the edge of the cliff," he licks his lips getting ready to drive. "What caught my attention was the fear on your face, but before I could further analyses you, I ran towards you- almost leaping because you were so fast. In fact it happened so fast, one second you are on the ground, next millisecond you were falling. You barely looked at me when I caught you, I thought you were crazy. When I brought you back to the ground and your brother Jimin mentioned your blindness- I was extremely mad that Jimin didn't take care of you properly but after dropping you off at your home... I couldn't stop thinking about you..." he smiles driving his car once the lights turns green for go. "I was extremely glad when I began seeing you. Honestly, I never thought that being around you would make me happy like it did. I suddenly felt myself empowered by you and I just knew that I already loved you. I can't imagine if you died.."

"I really didn't want to die," she explains staring at his hands. "All I wanted was my stick and to stop Jimin from getting beaten up by Kai. I wasn't much of any help though,"

"Kai?" Jungkook sounds surprised by the name.

Karoo nods her head. "Yes. He and Agust are..were the best of friends. Bullies of our town. The things they did," she shakes her head.

Jungkook remains quiet thinking whether it was important or not to tell Karoo about his near fatal death instance. "Actually, there's something I should tell you,"

"What is it?" Karoo asks turning worried when seeing his hands gripping the wheel.

"The day I...died.. well almost died. I was driving to the hospital and decided to take a shortcut-"

"You told me this story already," Karoo says being confused by his repetition.

Jungkook nods his head. "Yes I did, but I wasn't being truthful."

Karoo says nothing leaning away from the door sitting properly but still with her eyes on him. Most of the things he said in the house was to get him out of her head. She knew that now. "Go on,"