25. Sacrifice

Jungkook sits on the edge of his bed with a ticket in his hand. Ticket to his departure and also ticket to his new life without Karoo. He closes his eyes keeping with him every moment. He was leaving Karoo yet again. The thought of it made him tear up. A part of him didn't want to go through with it, but he knew that if he stayed he'd bring nothing more but separation between the two people he loved. He didn't want to leave her behind. If only he could take her. If only the situation were different. This time she could see, so how much more pain would she feel? He looks at his suitcases already packed, the lump on his throat too much to bare.

He had just spoken to Taehyung in the morning, about his flight back to Seoul and asked for permission if he could go back. Taehyung was a bit hesitant again and tried convincing him to stay that he can franchise his business over in Deagui. But Jungkook kept thinking about what Jin said. With Karoo around, he wouldn't be focused and neither would she. Neither would Taehyung for that matter.

Jungkook sighs looking out the window. When the moon goes down and the sun goes up the next day, he realises that Karoo, who he had come to love and enjoyed spending time with would not be there with him.

Taehyung got him the ticket and he's flight was scheduled for the next day early in the morning 7:45 am. His time in Deagui was short-lived but stored in his mind. He had to go back to Seoul.

He looks at the ticket before leaving it on his bedside going out his room.

"I need air," he says to himself.

He steps out of the house going towards the backyard admiring everything he sees. He takes his time analysing the different floors and roses wondering who took care of them- they were beautiful.

He looks up to the cream orange sky, his tears fill up but he pushes them back carrying on his walk around the pool going past the gate to the gym building.

Each step felt like an eternity. He dreads on, hoping time can go very, very very slowly.

He gets to the top floor ready to start using the punching bag but stops after seeing a moulded image of himself.

His breath hitches.

There's a bucket of water on the table and white moulding clay right next to the sculpted image of him. Karoo is blind folded really attentive to what she's doing. He leans by the stairway watching her in admiration, she was really determined to finding him.

Her fingers rub smoothly along the jawline of the clay, going up to the hair using her nails gently to drag through the hair creating wave lines. A part of her really wanted it to look like JK so she lifts her finger down to his left cheek, lightly dragging her nail to create a scar. Now that she thinks about it not only did JK have that scar on his cheek but also Jungkook did.

Nervously she steps back not knowing the results. She wishes she can stay blind to not have to bare the agonizing feeling. Being blind was not only her deepest sorrow but also her biggest happiness. She didn't want to ruin her happiness with this new image. That's why it has to be him, otherwise she'll really believe that he did die. She closes her eyes tightly, removing the scarf around her eyes.

She covers both her eyes with her hand. The beating of her heart growing after every second. With one last deep breath she removes her hand opening her eyes.

Her hand cups her mouth not believing it.

Instantly she backs up looking at the sculpture. Despite the art, she was amazed at how she got his face on point. It was him. She knew it. His voice and face matched. Her back freezes when she feels him behind her. His hand goes on her shoulder.