7. No

"JOONIE!"

All the kids playing ball on the street move away as Jimin hurriedly runs as fast as he can.

"JOONIE!" Jimin calls out in a frantic state running across the street to the house. "JOONIE!"

Namjoon comes out quickly from the house with his big stick from cooking vegetables. "Jimin? What's wrong? Talk!"

Jimin pants heavily pointing half way and shaking his head. "Ka-Kai-

"Jimin! What's going on? Speak?" Namjoon worriedly asks moving closer to Jimin bending down.

"I- I saw Kai- he said Agust wants to kill JK–"

Namjoon's heart stops for a second before tapping Jimin again. "W-w-where is Karoo?"

"Sh-she's uh wi-with-"

"Let's go! Let's go!" Namjoon yells following Jimin who starts running again towards the direction he last saw Karoo and JK. Namjoon's heart quickens and his breath thickens, this is the fastest he's ever ran but his breath was failing him.

The only thing on his mind was his daughter and JK. If Agust would even dare to kill JK them it meant that he would try to take advantage of Karoo.

__________________________________

"You've got such an amazing voice," Karoo says. JK keeps his hands on her waist balancing her on the log that she's standing on as they are on the open field. "When did you start?"

"Singing?" He asks closing his eyes thinking back to when he started singing. "I don't know, I just remember doing it ever since I was young and yeah that's it,"

"Your voice sounds like a star's voice," she says balancing and placing her hands out.

"My voice?" JK shakes his head already doubting. "A star? You know billions of people can sing, what makes me any different?"

"The fact that your voice is different itself and unique. Nobody sounds like you," Karoo says. "And that's always the difference between people who can sing and those who can't,"

"What do you mean?" He chuckles intertwining their fingers so that she can get down from the log as they begin walking around.

"Most people who can't sing always want to flaunt the voices they don't have whilst those who can don't even want to try," she shrugs her shoulders leaning on his shoulder.

JK smirks shaking his head. "Is that so? Okay can you sing?"

"Yes,"

"I'll be the judge of that?"

Karoo shakes her head slightly laughing. "I can't trust your verdict. You'll just say it doesn't sound nice even if it does. You make me angry sometimes when you do that,"

"Oh come one, trust me Karoo," he laughs jokingly. "Sing, let me hear,"

Karoo clears her throat just letting out a single crooked note and JK already begins making sound effects. "I didn't even yet start," she chuckles.

"No just stop," he shakes his head smiling. "You can't sing,"

"Whatever, I'll be the next Stevie Wonder," she jokes. They get to a tree and JK puts her back to the trunk so that her hands are on his ne and his are balancing on the trunk behind her.

"Is that the blind guy who plays the piano?"

Karoo nods her head as her fingers wonder around his face still finding it hard to believe that he's a real person who has taken an interest in her without force. "Are you ever gonna tell me your name?"

"I don't like my name," he says sucking his breath in. "The only people who call me by name are work associates and maybe a few of my friends who knew me when I was young,"

Karoo nods. "Then start calling me K,"

"K?" He laughs. "No, no. You're name is sweet and beautiful for you. My name just has a lot of memories in it,"

"I see," Her finger lingers on his cheek. "Hei what's this?"

"Oh I'm sorry about that I didn't put any powder today," he says thinking about the scar on his cheek.

"Oh," she uses her finger to caress it. "Why do you cover it?"

JK is about to answer until a dynamite sound goes off from a gun. He immediately ducks his head covering Karoo by hiding her behind the tree. He peeks from behind the tree searching for what has happened as a loud scream escapes. He spots Agust with a gun already running away.

"Karoo stay here okay," he says before running towards an angry Agust.

Karoo is startled and hears everything around her much clearer. She slowly moves from behind the tree walking carefully to where she hears someone crying.

Jimin's cries.

Her head swarming with fear and confusion. Her ears sharpen when she hears his cry getting louder. "Jimin?"

Jimin can barely even speak as he's cradling Namjoon's heavy body in his arms. His tears blur his vision and his heart fills with so much pain. Karoo slips on Namjoon's legs falling over. She gets on her knees quickly holding onto Jimin's hand for support.

"Jimin, why are you crying- what's going on?" Her voice hostile and so full of worry.

Her hands begin to move on the body that Jimin is holding and her breath gets stuck when her hand is on a thick wet patch. She brings her fingers to her nose smelling it. "Is this blood?" Her heart beats faster, immediately her hands run along the hard face of the body. Her eyes widen when her hands stop by his neck not feeling a pulse.

"DADDY!" Karoo cries aloud her whole body falling on her father, feeling her whole world falling apart. "NO! NO! NO!" Jimin covers his eyes rubbing Karoo's back her her wail violently. "DON'T LEAVE ME!" She cries aloud. "NO! NO! NO, DAD! DADDY!" She shakes Namjoon. "NO!"

Agust was aiming down JK when all of a sudden he noticed Jimin and Namjoon charging for him. He did the first thing that came to mind and that was to shoot towards the two people running to him. Jimin didn't even realise Namjoon was down until he stopped running. When he saw, he couldn't even contain himself as he screamed out and dashed to Namjoon.

JK returns back to the scene seeing Karoo hauled on the floor with Jimin and a lifeless Namjoon. His eyes get teary upon seeing the group, he walks slowly to them kneeling near Jimin. He quickly wipes his tears from his eye trying to get a hold of Karoo who was crying violently and screaming out in pain.

"We gotta get him to a hospital," JK says but seeing Namjoon with with his eyes rolled back he knew it was hopeless. At least Karoo didn't see how he looked in this moment.

_______________________________