12. Company

Karoo follows behind Jin as he drags a tiny suitcase of all the clothes and stuff he bought for her. He smiles brightly when showing Karoo his home and stands in the living room turning back to her.

Karoo looks around to the white walls and all the ornaments scattered neatly in different corners. She could tell that this was his house but for some reason it felt all so cold to her. The only house she wanted to be in was either JK or her dad's. No other home could be lit or warm the way she felt it should've been lit. Everything felt different and nothing was the same, not only could she see but now she could think for herself. Think of how she wanted to be.. without the path and road set out by JK or her dad. Her dad had done his part, prepared her for everything she would be going through.

"You're welcome to my home alright," Jin smiles. "And in the mean time this is your new home. You got it? Your new home, now make yourself comfortable,"

________________________________

Karoo stands outside the house by the corner of the wall crying in silence. She thought she could do it, be strong and brave and move on. But once the thought of moving on hit her she felt weak all over again. It's been six months and some days since JK died and she hadn't heard a thing about him such as his funeral or burial.

"Karoo?" Jin spots her on the floor and sighs once more. Ever since he brought her to his home she's been playing a sad game of hide and seek. Jin didn't know what to do anymore. "I've been told you've been ditching food and running to your room or hiding out here. Come,"

Karoo is stiff for a moment before standing up and dusting herself wiping her tears going over to her new dad. She could be more grateful and prove to Jin that she really was thankful for all he did but they were other thoughts that occupied her mind.

"Karoo I've been telling you that if you don't allow yourself to heal, you'll die from a heartache." Jin says wrapping his arm around her shoulder and making her walk around the compound of his house.

"But I can't control this pain,"

Jin stops her and turns to look at her. At least she's been taking a little care of herself by exploring her face making her skin glow even though she was sad.

"Listen here Karoo. If you consider me as your father, you'll have to listen to me. I moved you from Seoul to Deagui so that you can forget your past. But after six months you've been the same," he looks at her sad face, a frown on her lips and thinks back to the first time he saw her in the hospital with her grin and open eyes. Something had to change. "If this continues you'll suffer from mental depression."

"I don't know what to do..dad," she looks to him her eyes full of sorrow and tears.

"My daughter," Jin smiles. "You've got your sight, you can now see this very beautiful world, the land and opportunities. All is available to you,"

Karoo still shakes her head. "But I'm still blind to the world and my heart won't allow me to see anything," she touches the pendant on her neck, the one JK gave her. She places her fingers on it. This pendant the one she loved the most. It was small and at the end of the thin silver line was a little circle with braille writing saying, love.

"I don't want to listen to anything, just be ready on Saturday the weekend. I'm taking you out, I want to make you happy. Wine and dine. It's a deal?"

She nods her head leaning closer in his arms receiving a big hug and kiss on the side of her temple.

Jin sings lightly a familiar tune he's been singing to help Karoo brighten up a bit.

"I see trees of green
Red roses too.
I see them bloom
For me and you.
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world,"