29. Change your mind

Karoo faces Jungkook when Taehyung leaves. Her mouth and eyes harvesting the depth of old, as well as new, arising feelings.

"Seeing as the both of you have abandoned my advice and have just done what I told you not to do," Jin starts looking at the ring on the couch, the one Taehyung left. Although everything was turning out just great for Karoo, he wondered about what would come next.

Karoo knew Jungkook was strong but she didn't how strong until she felt it. His hand on hers assured that he was physically next to her.

"Now that you are with JK. What is it you intend on doing?" Jin asks Karoo.

Karoo eyes glimmer at Jungkook's sombre yet tender eyes. "I'm still angry with you, no, angry is too much of an emotion for what I'm feeling. I'm still upset with you. After everything I've gone through by myself, today you finally stood up and spoke aloud. Why didn't you do it back then?"

Jungkook has no words but when his lips gently plants between hers, she accepts him whole and full. Her eyes shut and she lays her hands on his neck and his hands remain on her elbow and glide to her shoulder. Her taste and the feel of her lips on his moving in sync, awakened his soul and the fire that was dimmed.

"I know that doesn't answer you but, I missed the way it felt being this close to you," Jungkook says, earning a little scowl from Karoo. That wasn't the answer she wanted and he knew that. "I'm sorry I fought too late. I was under the impression that if you love someone set them free, if they come back they are yours and if they don't maybe they weren't meant to be,"

"But she did come back," Jin says from the couch. "Or rather you came back, to life might I add."

"That's not the point. What I'm saying is that I gave up too easily. I watched you suffer, bearing faith and trying your hardest for me and you. I remember when you were blind, I went out my way to ensure a world for you and I to be together. I was ready to do anything for you- even die. In me dying I knew you'd regain your sight and be happy again. Of course I still love you, I always will. You brought colour into my dark world,"

"Ironic," Karoo nods with a little smile.

"I'm serious. I told you about my parents and how I've lived. You are everything I want and need. I brought my happiness and you brought your happiness and together when we combined our happiness it became pure heaven. I'm just really sorry that I didn't fight too early,"

"So, what changed your mind?" She asks leaning closer to him.

Jungkook brings her in for a hug and kisses her forehead. This time that kiss on her forehead was forever. He never wanted to loose her again. "While I sat down listening to you, I realised, that saying of if you love someone, set them free is bullshit. I can't just sit back and let things go and then expect that things will come back because it's meant to be.. I'm not meant to have you if I don't fight for you, forgive me Karoo. I never wanna be separated from you again.

She smiles and lets go of Jungkook's hand stepping back. Her small hands cover her whole face, suppressing all her emotions. In the moment all she wanted was to be pressed up against him forgetting about the whole world and repeating over to herself that this was real. She covers her eyes.

Jungkook looks at her once she departs from him. He and the Doctor watch her in confusion.

Her shaky breath faintly suggests that she's crying. Her mouth rapidly trembles but she nibbles it calming herself down. She pictures herself back in the hospital, the day when her bandages were removed. The day everything was dark before she saw light.

"Karoo.." Jungkook calls.

"I wish that..." Karoo let's out a deep sigh.  "I can regain my sight so that I can see you," her voice is small and soft but JK catches on to what she says.

Her hands fall away from her face and her eyelids peel open. When her eyes reach his face they're tears in her eyes. Jungkook steps closer again hugging her tightly pressing his lips to her forehead.

"I'm real." He says realising what she did. "I won't go away this time."

_____________________________
I'm sorry. This was very dull and straight forward.
I'll make up for it in the last(ish) chapter.