22. Look

"I know what I feel, Jungkook," she cries. "You can't lie to me anymore,"

"Karoo," he whispers gently. "I-" he stops and spots Taehyung by the doorway. Jungkook couldn't do this to his best friend. "It's not me. You need to get this guy out your head. It's not me. You've got Taehyung and-"

"Just. Stop." She croaks drying her tears. "I want to know, if it's really you. JK? How can it not be you? You've got me feeling feelings I only felt with him, with you. With JK."

Jungkook doesn't look up to meet her eyes or even to check to see if Taehyung is there. His head felt heavy with all her words. His soul was burning for her, was crying for her but he resisted. He resisted because of the other man in the room. His best friend. Jungkook became like a dog, only caring for his owner, his friend. He needed Karoo but he couldn't break Taehyung. "It's not me. It's not me."

He gets up dashing through the back door running for his life to the pool area. He drops on his knees grabbing his hair. She was driving him to his breaking point. Seeing her in so much pain just because of him didn't sit well. What's worse is that Taehyung was right there. What would he do?

Their past and future merged to meet them here and he had to make decisions. Tough decisions.

Her happiness.

Taehyung's happiness.

Or his happiness

Karoo was happy when he wasn't there and would probably be happy again if he left, Jungkook thinks. He removes his shirt remaining bare and removes his pants diving in the cold deep midnight water. His body immediately reacts to the pain and he jolts.

Jungkook opens his eyes, funding himself in his dark room. His mind was as blank as the dark. It didn't help that his dream felt real. From the fresh tears in her eyes, to Taehyung's beading eyes glaring at him, to the cold water freezing his body back to reality. Everytime he got closer to her he would begin to feel guilty for doing so, at the same time he felt it wasn't feeling guilty. He loved her, he still loves her and that wouldn't change any day or night, but like in his dream he had to make a decision. He needed to wake up. To decide who's heart he'd break. His own heart or the people he loved. Either way, someone is going to get hurt.

Break Taehyung's heart or break Karoo's heart?

_____________________

He jogs up the stairs to the third floor of the gym room, walking to the balcony area after eating a solo meal. He didn't feel like eating breakfast with the couple. He didn't feel anything today. The dream was too traumatic. He needed to think about what he's next plan would be. The gym was his spot to think while the pool helped him to let go and be free.

The sound of her laughter erupts in his ears and he looks out the view to the source. Karoo. Her voice, her sound would always be his breaking point.

Karoo is comfortably on his shoulders in the pool. She holds on to his blue headed hair for support, but is immediately dunked into the pool along with Taehyung. They stay under the water for a while but when they do come up for air together, Jungkook's eyes focus intently on their locked lips.

Taehyung makes the move after catching his breath. He holds her body under the water close to him and tilts his head to the side . She brings her arms from under the water wrapping them around his neck. She kisses back as convincingly as she can.

They break for air, panting lightly. "Kissing is the easy part," she says softly.

"You're a good kisser," he mentions giving her one more peck before swimming to the edge. "That was an amazing swim," he smiles as he's by the stairs. "You coming out now?"