four

"What a charismatic quartet," cried the blonde journalist who Marina could already tell she was going to hate

"What a charismatic quartet," cried the blonde journalist who Marina could already tell she was going to hate. "Hello! I am Rita Skeeter."

Skeeter's heels clicked against the floor as she walked to shake each Triwizard champions' hand. Marina didn't even try to hide her disgust; she made a horrible grimace at the sight of her face.

"I write for the Daily Prophet, but, of course, you know that." Skeeter shook her head. "It is you, we don't know. You are the juicy news!"

Marina sat down on an old chair next to the French champion Fleur, Krum and Harry standing behind them. She tucked the hem of her skirt under her thighs and adjusted her tie, looking up at the man taking pictures in hopes that he would give her a sign before he pushed the button on his camera.

"What kind of secrets lay behind those rosy cheeks?" Skeeter said dreamily, reaching out to stroke Fleur's cheek. The soft touch turned into a slap on the cheek, and Fleur jumped instantly. Marina had to hold back laughter. "Me, myself and I want to know! So, who wants to go first?"

Silence. The silence was the answer. Everyone knew about Rita Skeeter - the journalist who would fake the case for her own success. She was famous for ruining reputations. And now, she was looking at Marina with hungry eyes.

"Ladies first, right? Lovely!"

Rita took hold of Marina's arm and dragged her away from the other champions, into another room. This room was extremely small, with dim lighting and a horrible smell. Marina could already tell that she would have to sit close to Rita for them both to fit inside it. She looked at the woman carefully. She had been warned about the journalist. Rita knew many tactics to manipulate those she interviewed.

"Sit down, girly. Make yourself comfortable." Rita winked. Marina listened and sat down on a wooden stool. "Marina Black... It's really an honor... Before we begin, I want you to know that I will be using my quick-quotes quill for this."

Up from the bag resting against her chair, Rita's magic quill cut through the air and flew up until it was dangling by Marina's head.

Rita looked Marina up and down. In response, she rolled her eyes. Rita used to be a snake, too, back in her days at Hogwarts. She would do anything to make the girl feel smaller than her.

"So... Marina, how does it feel to be a Triwizard champion?"

She crossed her legs. "Well, Skeeter, it's not like I asked for this. Someone must have put my name in that goblet without my permission." Meeting her eyes, she continued, "but whoever it was should know that I am up for any challenge."