twenty

Marina looked at the new sign on the Slytherin notice board with narrowed eyes

- BY ORDER OF -
The High Inquisitor of Hogwarts

All Student Organizations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded. An Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students. Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge). No Student Organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor.

Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an organization, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

"No!" Louis screamed from behind her. The short first-year threw his hands up in the air quite dramatically. "Not the Gobstones Club!"

"Lou, I think you'll be fine," Marina answered, grabbing his hands to push them back down.

But was she going to be fine? If Umbridge knew about the army, she sure would expel her.

"Are you ready, Marina?" a soft voice asked from across the room. Draco was adjusting his Prefect badge, walking down the stairs from the boys' dormitory. It was time for their daily inspection of the dungeons.

The two hadn't talked much since the day of the Quidditch match. Draco had gotten away with no punishment. As had the rest of the Slytherins - yet Harry had got banned from Quidditch for life.

The snow had now started falling on Hogwarts' grounds, and December had arrived quickly. It was too cold for Marina to swim in the Great Lake now. Instead, she had found herself spending more time with the members of Dumbledore's army. After the duel with Harry, the members had started to show more respect towards her (although they were mad at her house for what they had done to Ron during the match).

The day after the match, Marina had written to Lucius as promised to Harry. She received a howler from him shortly after, which she, fortunately, opened when she was alone. He yelled that she should be more grateful and accepting of the High Inquisitor. There was nothing he would do. And so, Harry had to keep away from Quidditch. Marina had not long after heard rumors that Ginny Weasley would replace his spot as Seeker after Christmas.

"Do you see this note?" Marina said to her cousin, pointing at the notice board. Draco approached it and read through it quickly. "She's mad!"

"Yeah," he grunted, "she was here yesterday to hang it up, wasn't she?"

"And you talked to her?"