twenty-nine

"Welcome to the Ministry of Magic," said a female voice which sounded much like a robot as Marina stepped inside the telephone box the others were standing in

"Welcome to the Ministry of Magic," said a female voice which sounded much like a robot as Marina stepped inside the telephone box the others were standing in. "Please state your names and business."

"Harry Potter, Marina Black, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger," Harry took a deep breath before continuing, "Ginny Weasley, Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom and Cedric Diggory. We're here to save someone, unless your Ministry can do it first!"

"Thank you," said the female voice. "Visitors, please take the badges and attach them to the front of your robes."

Seven badges slid out of one of the walls. Hermione scooped them up, quickly giving them to the few members of Dumbledore's Army. Black gave a last glance at the thestrals they had just ridden before accepting hers. Luna had told her that those who had witness death could see them, so she had spent the last fifteen minutes wondering how she was able to see them, and not Harry, who had been present when the Dark Lord had killed his mother.

"Can we move now?" an angry Harry snapped, sending Marina out of her trance. He brought a hand up to his scar, and let out a groan.

The floor of the telephone box shuttered and the pavement rose up past the glass window Marina had been staring out seconds ago. Blackness closed over their heads; they were sinking down into the depths of the Ministry of Magic.

"The Ministry wishes you a pleasant evening!"

The telephone box stopped moving after a few seconds. The door burst open, and Marina jumped outside. They were now standing in a dark, empty room. The young Black felt a drop of her stomach; she had never visited the Ministry before, but she had always imagined it to be a warm, busy place filled with witches and wizards, and not this.

"Lumos," she said, her wand placed in front of her face. It lit up, giving her a better look of the room. It was gigantic and circular.

"Let's go," Harry pushed the others out of the telephone box, and walked to take a look around the room. "This is not how I remembered the Ministry to look like..."

"Same here," Cedric paced toward the only door in the room, rolling up the sleeves of his uniform. He reached for the door handle, the others walking to stand behind him. But as soon as he tried to open the door, a loud crack was heard, and the group fell to the floor - the circular room was rotating.

Marina reached for Harry's arm, scared that the floor would rotate, as well. For what seemed like an eternity, she only saw the light of her wand spinning around her. Then, a new crack was heard, and everything became stationary once again.

Now, the room was lit up by blue flames, and the one door had been replaced by at least ten others.

"We should try a few doors," Harry burst out before the others could even get to their feet. Marina let go off his arm. "In my dream, I went trough a door at the end of a corridor into a room that kind of... glittered... I'll know it when I see it."