eighteen

Marina had never tried to frighten Harry Potter

Marina had never tried to frighten Harry Potter. She had made sure that she always appeared to be a nice witch, no matter what other people told him. But on this particular day, it seemed like Harry found her to be absolutely terrifying.

"Harry Potter," she bellowed, grabbing his Gryffindor tie with a steady fist, pulling him to the side of the hallway as they were to enter the Potions classroom. "You are to tell me what is going on, right now!"

Marina had pinned him up against the stone wall by his wrists. Her dark, curly hair was bouncing like crazy as she leaned closer to his face. Harry shook his head, furrowing his brows: he had no idea what she was talking about.

"You have ignored me for weeks, not even looking at me in class, and now I hear pretty little tales of a so-called army. Why is that?"

"I-" Harry cut himself off. He sighed loudly, "well, if you could just release me..."

Marina narrowed her eyes for a second, taking a pause before releasing her grip on his wrists. He immediately brought his hands up to his face, looking for any red marks, which he did not find. His skin had only turned pale.

"Well- listen- it's nothing special, really, but-"

"Spit it out, Potter!"

"After the last detention," he began, not meeting her gaze, "Hermione asked me to teach some of the people in our class to defend themselves from the dark arts. You know Umbridge doesn't give us the lessons we need, right? Well, so she invited some of them to the Three Broomsticks, to discuss the training, and it turned out to be a whole lot of them. It's nothing special really, I only help them with spells-"

"So you're an anti-Umbridge club?"

"What? No-"

"I want to join you," she quickly finished. "You and the army."

"Marina-"

"Unless you're too scared," she cheekily said, smiling. "When is the next meeting?"

"Er- well, we were talking about meeting after classes today," he fixed his tie. "But I don't know if the others-"

Marina leaned forward, and Harry found himself pressed up against the wall again. She slowly leaned in to whisper in his ear: "I don't give a damn what the others think of me, Potter."

The lessons that day went by awfully quick, and Marina realized that she really didn't know much about this army. Harry said he taught them spells, but it could not be the only thing they were doing?