thirty-one

Marina sprinted towards the staircase as the female voice kept calling her name

Marina sprinted towards the staircase as the female voice kept calling her name. Kreacher took the diary that had belonged to her father, and shut the door to his room.

"You can't hide, Marina!"

"Stop it, you're making it sound as if you're chasing her," a male voice said before letting out a short laugh.

"Blimey!"

Marina reached the end of the stairs just as the woman tripped over the deceased troll leg next to the door. She had bubble-gum-pink hair, a pale, heart-shaped face, and dark, twinkling eyes. A purple leather jacket was wrapped around her, holes in her black jeans. The man next to her reached to get a grip around her waist to avoid her from falling to the floor, light brown hair with gray undertones falling in front of his eyes. Pink scars on his face, bags under his eyes - was it near the full moon?

"Remus!" Marina squealed, running to throw her arms around the man.

The woman beside them got to her feet, blowing a stray of her colorful hair out of her face. Marina let go of Remus to get a better look of her. Soon, she realized that it was the woman who had fought by Sirius' and Kingsley's side during the battle at the Ministry.

"Hi," she smiled, blushing, obviously trying to pretend that she had not been on the floor just a second ago.

"This is Nymphadora Tonks," explained Remus, still resting an arm on Marina's shoulder. The name clung in her ears. It was the name from the family three - Andromeda's daughter.

"Don't call me Nymphadora, Remus. It's Tonks." She reached out a hand for Marina to shake before winking playfully. "I've heard a lot about you."

"Good things, I hope..."

Tonks went running up the stairs, toward the kitchen, according to her steps. Remus let his hands fall to his side and bowed to pick up the deceased troll leg Tonks had kicked over.

"I should've introduced you earlier," he smiled, his eyes twinkling.

"Can I ask you why you have come here in the middle of the night?" Marina's eyebrows shot toward the ceiling. The last thing she wanted was for them to wake up Harry, as he was sleeping peacefully for the first time in days...

POP

Mrs. Weasley had Apparated into the hallway, her hair bushier than Marina had ever seen it.

"Meeting," Remus said simply, putting his hands in the pockets of his pants. "The Death Eaters attacked London. They got parts of Diagon Alley and the Millennium Bridge."