twenty-eight

It turned out that the twins had done a lot more than just setting off firework in the Great Hall

Somehow, they had gotten inside Umbridge's office and ruined most of her belongings - that including her pink kitten cups, detention quills and the papers she had been preparing for the O.W.L.s.

It seemed like the twins' exit was the only thing the students at Hogwarts talked about all Easter. People were debating who should be the next troublemakers-in-chief, and just within a week, Fred and George had sold out half of the products in their store.

Marina had given them the money she had gotten from the Triwizard Tournament. Mrs. Weasley had sent her a basket of Easter Eggs the day after as what Marina assumed to be a thank you, though it seemed like the woman had mixed opinions about her children quitting school so early.

Harry had given them his Triwizard money, as well, so their business was booming. Fred had said that whatever the pair wanted from the store, they would get free of any charges, but Marina wasn't sure if she wanted to continue the pranks after seeing how mad Draco had gotten after his suit had been ruined.

April ended quickly, with Marina and Hermione spending most of their days in the library, preparing for their O.W.L.s. They expected the students who had been a part of Dumbledore's Army to do well on their tests and offered help to whoever needed it. Neville had joined their study session one day but ended up falling asleep in the corner of the room before he could even get through the first chapter of his book.

The first days of the O.W.L.s went fine, though Marina was beyond nervous. The Charms test was easy, and she naturally aced the Defense Against the Dark Arts bit, shoving her examinator a flawless Patronus charm. The week, however, as a whole, was pure hell.

She felt a sort of relief, not having to wake up early to inspect the hallways in the mornings before the tests. It seemed like Umbridge had given her Prefect badge to Parkinson - though it was not official - for her and Draco were the only students with a permit to leave the Common Room after eight'o'clock.

The day before the last exam, Marina studied her textbook until she dropped. She fell asleep on the couch in front of the fireplace and woke up to find Louis happily poking her cheek. Her book fell to the floor as she jumped out of the couch, running out toward the Great Hall at once, scared that she had missed breakfast - or worse, the last test of the O.W.L.s.

The four house tables had been removed and replaced instead with many tables for one, all facing the staff-table where Professor Tofty sat, waving his wand to place the test papers on different tables.

Slowly, the hall filled with nervous and tired fifth-years. Marina took place on a table in the front of the room. A quill, ink bottle and roll of parchment were placed in front of her as the rest of the Slytherins entered, all looking as if they were about to faint.