nineteen

"We're going to beat you, Potter, just like I crushed you in that duel last week

"We're going to beat you, Potter, just like I crushed you in that duel last week."

"Get a grip, Black. I clearly won that one."

It was time for the first Quidditch match of the year: Slytherin versus Gryffindor. The Slytherins had trained for weeks, and Marina was certain that the boys would win. She had dressed in all green and silver, and even stole Draco's snake pin to wear on her tie. She had almost believed that she had dressed up too much - until she saw Luna Lovegood wearing a hat shaped like a life-size lion's head.

Marina turned to Ron as they were walking to the Quidditch pit. She couldn't exactly say she liked him, but she had grown to accept him after he had stood up for her on the training. "Are you nervous?"

"I must have been mental to do this," he whispered. "Mental."

"Don't be thick," said Harry, "you're going to be fine."

Ron was playing Keeper this year, and Marina knew that the Slytherin boys would do anything to get him off the team.

They quartet parted ways, Marina finding her way to the Slytherin section of the stadium, Hermione to the Gryffindor section, and Harry and Ron to the pit.

"Marina!" a thin voice screamed as she met the end of the stars. "I've saved you a seat!" Louis was tapping the seat next to him with a wide smile.

"What a nice badge you have there," Marina said, pointing at the silver badge on his chest. As she came closer, she realized what it said: WEASLEY IS OUR KING.

"Thanks! Draco gave me it. I don't really know who Weasley is, but he said it was to support the team."

She soon realized that all of the Slytherins were wearing the badge - all except her. Had she missed something?

"But you won't need it," Louis mumbled, "you have the Prefect badge right there."

Marina smiled gently. "Do you like it?" He nodded quickly. "Then why don't we exchange our badges?"

After another enthusiastic nod, he tried to take off the badge he had been given, his short fingers fidgeting with it. He focused so hard that his eyebrows knit together, and his tongue stuck from the corner of his mouth. After a minute, she had to reach out a hand and help him take it off, letting out a giggle.

She put the badge saying WEASLEY IS OUR KING deep in the pocket of her uniform, and gave Louis her Prefect badge. His cheeks flushed pink.

"Just remember to give it back." Marina grinned. "I have some Prefect duties to do later, you know, and I'll need it back then."