thirty-three

trigger warning: violence, death

It will take a person approximately one minute to lose consciousness after their air supply gets cut off

It will take a person approximately one minute to lose consciousness after their air supply gets cut off. The person will then lose control of their body, and feel like their head is going to explode. They will survive five minutes with no air before they fall into an everlasting sleep. For Louis Thomas Allen, however, it only took four.

The Dark Lord had continued the Death Eater meeting like nothing had happened. Wormtail had carried the boy out of the room after Marina had begun shaking violently.

Tears were falling down Draco's cheeks. He tried to hide it by keeping his head down, but Marina could tell that none of them were going to sleep that night.

"As I said," the Dark Lord smiled, "a new year is to begin at Hogwarts. And this will be a quite exciting year for you, Draco."

"What will happen, My Lord?" asked Draco, coughing to stop his voice from shaking.

"You will finally get to experience the pleasure of taking a life," Voldemort answered. "If you are wondering how it feels, you may ask my daughter."

And so, the blond let go of Marina's hand in an instant. The little warmth she had left in her disappeared. A wide smile appeared on Bellatrix's face, and Narcissa, who was sitting two seats away from her, let out a sharp gasp.

"Why are you so surprised?" Voldemort looked around the room before his eyes landed upon Draco again. "Didn't she tell you about Isak?"

Draco slowly shook his head. "My Lord, she had nothing to do with the death of him; she was only the one who found the body."

Voldemort laughed loudly, and Marina's heart sunk.

"Is that what she told you? I guess she is a better liar than I thought. On the night of the Yule Ball, Marina brutally murdered an innocent boy for her own pleasure!"

"I did not! He was threatening me!"

"Silence-"

"Draco!" Marina cried out, and the boy turned to her in shock. "I was going to tell you, trust me, but I didn't know when... He was threatening me, saying he would kill me, I didn't know what came over me-"

The Dark Lord flickered his wand, and she lost her voice. Or rather, her lips became sealed tight, and Draco turned back to the evil wizard.

"Wormtail, bring her to her room."

The short man approached the table once again, this time wrapping his small hands around Marina's waist, his right encased in a bright silver glove. The last thing she could see before exiting the room was Draco rolling up his sleeve, ready to receive the Dark Mark.