fourteen

Marina wiped away yet another tear away from her cheek

A Death Eater had once told her that the only way to remove the Imperius Curse was to find the one who had cast it and make them remove it. If they refused to do so, the only way out was to kill them. Yet, Snape and Dumbledore had been able to make her come to her senses again.

Now, she laid in a bed in the Hospital Wing, waiting for Pomfrey to give her permission to leave. She wanted to go home. Every part of her was hurting, her heart throbbing with every beat of her heart. Her body was marked with wounds that would surely turn into scars, but worst of all was her memories of her not being able to control herself while hurting and torturing him...

The large door beside them opened. Draco rose up from the chair beside her bed. "Think you can find your way out again, Scarhead."

She turned to watch him walk in. There was a mixture of blood and dirt smeared on his face. He rolled his large eyes when Draco came sprinting up to him.

"You're probably the one who did this to her!" Draco spat, trying to act tough, but his fragile voice not letting him.

"Shut up." Harry groaned. Draco's eyes flickered down to Harry's bloody sleeve, and he took a step back.

Marina sat up straight. "Draco, can we have a minute?"

He put a hand up to his heart as if he was offended and hurt. Giving one last huff, he marched out of the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

Harry walked to sit on the edge of Marina's bed. Now that he was close to her, she could see that he was holding back tears.

"Are you alright?" she asked, moving closer to him.

He nodded. "And you? Do you remember anything?"

"Yes," she gulped.

"What?"

"I didn't mean to-" Before she could continue her sentence, she broke down. Her lungs gave in, and she let out a heartbreaking sound as she covered her face with her hands.

"Marina, it wasn't your fault..."

"I hurt you..."

"You didn't mean to." His voice was gentle. "Listen, I know you didn't. You were under an Unforgivable Curse. I'm just glad you are okay."

Marina's crying stopped for a moment as she looked up at Harry. He was so kind and forgiving. It was in times like these when she wondered how she was ever supposed to fool him and break his heart.