4 - A LITTLE TOO MUCH

⚜️⚜️⚜️

As the night went on, things got unusually busy. I didn't mind this though, at least my mind is just focused on work instead of... him and his lips...
Ah, head out of the gutter Sarah! I need to focus!

Going back to what I was doing, my night seemed to just fly by. Eventually, two other bartenders came in, one to help me out, and the other to help in the backroom. To serve him drinks. I can only imagine how stressful that room is going to be. The amount of people in there isn't the problem, it's just he gives off this strong aroma of heartless power... He was so far away from me, but I could still feel it. 

Oh just thinking of it is giving me chills! 

"Sarah! Hey Sarah! Can you hear me?" Snapping out of my trance, I hear someone call me. Looking behind me, I see one of the bartenders working tonight walking towards me.

"Oh I'm sorry, I was just... thinking.."

"Thinking, huh? You looked like you were going to pass out" He laughs back at me. I could feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment for making my thoughts so obvious. I used to be good at keeping my feelings hidden, but I guess having someone break you down to nothing sort of wore that down. 

"What's up? Is everything ok?" I ask getting back on topic. I can see that he has something important to tell me, but I have no idea what it is... OOh maybe it's about our new uniforms! I heard Stacey talk about changing our style here, so maybe we are getting new uniforms! Oh wake up Sarah, he wouldn't come to tell me something as dumb as that!!

"Well, you see... Stacy just fired the other bartender who was supposed to work tonight... Apparently, he came in with a gun mumbling something about shooting up this place... So yeah she had to call the cops and fired him. " Wow, so I was way off...

"No way... Wait, Tyler did that? But he was always so nice and he has worked here for ages!" This really shocked me as I said that, and from looking at his face, so was this guy. Wait, why the hell would he all of a sudden want to shoot up this place? Does he have some sort of death wish?

Getting back to the subject, he seemed to be nervous about what he was about to say next.

"Yeah, so... Stacy told me that you have to go to the backroom... And I have to cover you up here" He said weakly like he felt bad for me.

"Wait what... ME? Why me? I've already been working up here and I can handle the rush by myself! I've done it before!" I yelled out. Why does she want ME to go back there? HE is back there, and I really don't want to be in a room with him.

"Well, apparently this isn't entirely Stacy's call..." He said.

"What do you mean??" Not her call? But she is the manager.

"Yeah, this is actually orders from the boss boss"

"The boss boss?"

"The owner..."

The owner? The weird guy who bought this place who no one has ever seen, not even Stacy?? What the heck is happening??