38

As we pass through the endless hallways, I find myself shrinking deeper and deeper inside of myself, completely dreading the alluring look in Stephan's eyes that lead me towards him without any resistance. I want to doubt what Mackie just told me, but deep down I'm not really surprised by it. Ever since I got here, Stephan has been nothing but violent and terrifying, and to be honest, I have no idea whether he is lying or not. I mentally set my defensive wall back up, and prepare my body for him.

Just before opening the door, Mackie swiftly drops my hand and leads me through the double doors. Taking a deep breath, I walk into the room.

Men everywhere and I can't even make out where I'm supposed to go. I hesitate, lingering around the edges of the swarm of black suits. However, Mackie's strong hand grips my hand and lightly pushes me towards the other side of the room. Keeping his hand on my back, Mackie pushes his way through the towering backs and intimidating figures. Keeping my eyes downcast, we soon enter an opening in the crowd, and I'm finally able to breathe without the worry of nudging the wrong person. 

Suddenly feeling deserted, I look up to no longer see Mackie, but a reposed figure, with his obsidian eyes darting right through me.

Seeing him so laid back on his dark leather couch, his arms tensed by his sides and his chest physically bursting out of his shirt, makes me physically start to shake

Seeing him so laid back on his dark leather couch, his arms tensed by his sides and his chest physically bursting out of his shirt, makes me physically start to shake. His eyes glance right over mine, slowly and purposely linger down my body, from my chest down my waist to my feet. Holding in my scowl, I clamp my mouth shut and walk over to stand a few feet away from him. With Trevor next to me, he gives me a slight nod, and then goes back to his usual passive stance. Looking around the room, I scan the crowd to try and find Mackie. Honestly, I'm kind of glad that someone in here has my back when it comes to Stephan.

Distantly, I make out his usual calm demeanor resting against a far column. He seems like his usual nonchalant self, but I can see him giving me slight glances every now and then. Like he was telling me not to point himself out and make Stephan suspicious. Feeling clueless and dumb, I cast my attention back on my stagnant hands clasped in front of me.

Then, like clockwork, Stephan settles down the chaotic room with a single soft clearing of his throat. Gripping everyone's attention, Stephan darts his deadly eyes across the whole room before starting.

"Things have been moving. As of last night, we have successfully made a deal with Harris and his men to arrange a meeting in neutral ground to discuss his nearing consequences if he continues to move in on our group," Stephan commands out in his deep voice, his eyes swiftly glancing over to mine as he finishes. The moment Stephan finished his words, the whole room seemed to uproar with his decision. Shouts of disagreement and disbelief fill the room, as I find myself instinctively backing up and fearing the worst. 

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up." Stephan growls out, making everyone instantly quieten and turn their attention back on him. There seems to be some kind of powerful aura swarming around him, as he remains laid back on the couch, his leg lazily crosses over the over.