10

I couldn't even comprehend what was happening until it was too late. It was like my body disconnected from my brain. The fear was paralyzing. The man must have known that I caught him, as he took his time walking out from behind my door, and slowly approached me. He knew I couldn't move, and he took this as his time to move. I knew that he was approaching, but I couldn't stop looking at his knife. He was here to kill me.

He roughly grabbed my arm, and that seemed to jolt my body into movement, as I sprung up and pushed this guy as far back as I could. It took him by surprise, as he fell back onto my desk chair, and landed on the ground. And I just booked it out of there. I could hear the guy swear behind me, as he quickly got up, but I just focused on what was in front of me. I needed to get outside, maybe to the neighbours. I started to scream for help, hoping that someone could hear me. It wasn't until I passed the hallway outside of my apartment, that I felt a searing pain on the back of my head. Then, everything went dark...

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Slowly opening my eyes, I couldn't figure out where I was. Everything still felt so dark. And my head was killing me. I groaned in pain. The pain was making me dizzy, and as I tried to reach for my head, I found that I couldn't move them. I just felt the rough texture of rope around my wrist. I tried to budge out of them, but it just made my wrists hurt more. I tried to move my legs too, but they were bounded too. Trying to take in my surroundings, I squinted and blinked until everything came into focus. I was in a chair, and this room felt very familiar. It wasn't until I saw my bag hung on the wall, did I realize that I was sat in the middle of my living room in my apartment. I heard voices in the hallway, something about waiting for a call, but I knew that I need to get out of here now. I tried ripping my arms and legs out of the rope, but it didn't work. I started panting faster, overcome by the overwhelming feeling of panic and claustrophobia. I felt my eyes start to water, but I had to keep trying. I had to keep trying through the pain. Just as I felt the rope on my hands start to loosen, the men came back into the room.

"Hey, you bitch! What the fuck do you think you doing?" One of the guys said, as he noticed my struggle with the rope. He walked up to me, and slapped me right across the face. The pain seemed to spread across my face, but this guy was weak shit. I mean, my step father did way worse.

"What the fuck are you doing in my house? I don't have anything, so you can just fuck off" I yelled back, feeling adrenaline push me further. I didn't care what was going to happen next, I wasn't afraid of these men. However, this seemed to make the man behind him snicker in response.

"You know what? You're right. We don't want anything from you. Fuck, it's obvious you are a fucking nobody. But these are just orders bitch. So calm the fuck down." He yelled back at me, pulling out his knife, and held it against my neck. I consciously shut my mouth, as I knew that the slightest movement on my part would mean a cut to the throat. And God, I'm so fucking afraid. I couldn't keep this facade up... Someone please.. Help me.. Just this once.

My eyes started to burn, as the adrenaline faded and my tears finally started to fall. I started to sob, and pathetically called out for help. I knew I looked so pathetic to these dudes... but I can't do this anymore. It's seems that as soon as my life was getting a little better, a tsunami of problems and pain came storming in to wash away everything that I have built up. I felt so weak inside, so alone... God why??? My tears just wouldn't stop, and I started to sob loudly, almost like a was some weak animal. I tried to hold them back, but I started to choke on them as my body started to lurch forwards trying to get oxygen back into my body. I knew I couldn't control myself at this point, but something was pulling me to look up. It was like something in my body wanted to keep fighting. The men around me weren't even looking at me anymore, and the one man put away his knife. They knew I no longer have the strength to fight anymore. But seeing them so at ease by someone's pain really triggered something in me. Flashbacks of what my step father did to me clouded my mind, but I quickly shook those off. I need to find a way out of here.

Just as I was about to try and force my hands of the rope, I heard a loud bang at my front door. Someone was breaking in. For a second, I thought it was the police and I felt so hopeful. But, then I remembered that I would've heard sirens, and they wouldn't just bust in with a hostage in danger. My body slumped over, feeling all the energy in my body waste away. Things started to dark as my vision started to blur again with tears. 

Not long after the loud banging, I heard sounds of pain, grunting, and gun fire. Whoever was here, these men did not like them here. Maybe someone was here to save me. These men probably thought the same thing, as the one man walked behind me and put his knife back under my neck, and the other went by the door with a gun of his own. I just kept staring at the door. I just kept thinking, that someone was here for me, that everything was going to be okay. Time seemed to slow down in those couple minutes. I couldn't hear anything anymore. Just silence... but then I heard the slow shuffle of foot steps. There was more than one person. The noise seemed to creep forward and stop right behind the door. These guys seemed terrified, as I saw the guy by the door shake as he held his gun closer. 

I started to sob again, I wanted to yell out, telling them to help me, but the moment I started to make noises, the man behind me hit me across the head with the handle of his knife

I started to sob again, I wanted to yell out, telling them to help me, but the moment I started to make noises, the man behind me hit me across the head with the handle of his knife. I whimpered in pain, and my vision seemed to fade in and out. All of a sudden, the door busted right off its hinges, as a group of men came barging in the room, and immediately took down the guy at the door. I could hear the guy swear behind me, and I knew it was over. 

"Well, well, well... What the fuck do you think you're doing, you rat?" I heard someone yell out. The man behind me seemed to notice who's voice it was, as he started to violent shake, and I could tell he was panicking. God, please just let me go...

"W-W-wait, back up! T-these are just o-orders man! Y-y-you're supposed to mind y-your own goddamn business-" This guy yelled back, as he brought the knife closer to my neck. I could feel the cold blade touch my burning skin, as one slight breath made it pinch against me. I felt the blood rush from my head to my feet, as I felt my conscious slowly start to fade. I felt my body go into a state of shock. 

As my body started to fall, I heard someone growl in anger as I felt a cold rush of wind pass right by my head, towards the man behind me. The knife was immediately gone from my neck, as I heard a loud bang and a grunt all the way on the other side of my living room. Immediately after, the raining of gun fire filled the room, as the men started to unleash their ammo against him. With him no longer at my throat, I felt my body sag forward. The ringing in my ears was unbearable, and my eyes started to sting again from tears. Everything was fading, but the last thing I remember was the gentle arms that held me up, as the man held me against him. The smell was intoxicating, and I immediately knew who it was. I felt his hands caress my hair, and face, as he wiped away my tears.

"You're okay now, baby"

Then, it was complete darkness...