44

♰ ♰ ♰

Everything is black. The loud bang of clashing metal turns my blood to pure ice. I can't see anything, and I can't seem to move at all. My nose burns from the rancid smell of gasoline and something I can't quite figure out. Something decrepit and sour.

As my body starts to jolt, panic rising in my blood, I try whipping my head around in search for some sort of light. I see a soft glow in the distance, but the red lines my eyes see reveal that something is blocking my vision. My breathing starts to radicate, a tight feeling swamping my chest, as I get a feeling of deja vu.

All my memories swarm back into my brain at once. The smoke, the screams, gunfire, and that man... the man with the gas mask. My ears start to ring as I feel my body freeze from fear. Crippling fear.

My heart calls out for one person again.

"Rise and shine, sweetheart," A hear a dark voice echo out, as something roughly grips something from my head and yanks it off. I squint my eyes, the blinding lights jolting my body back into reality. Trying to collect myself, I come face to face with a man, one hand holding the red fabric bag that was over my head, and a gas mask in the other. I feel a lump grow in my throat, feeling completely helpless in this situation. I try yanking my hands out, but I find that I'm bound down to a cold rusted steel chair in the middle of what seems to be an abandoned warehouse.

"Ah no no no, sweetheart. Don't fight back, things will go a whole lot better for you if you just sit back and relax," His voice rings out, a strange feeling of familiarity sparks up in my stomach, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Looking up at him, my gut breaks as I feel like I know this man, or he reminds me of someone that I know...

 Looking up at him, my gut breaks as I feel like I know this man, or he reminds me of someone that I know

Balling my hands up in fists, I spit directly at him.

"Fucking asshole, you're a fucking idiot if you'd think I'd just do whatever you fucking say," I growl out, my heart pounding through this increase of adrenaline through my veins.

"Well, well, well. She's got a bite to her. God, I love the ones with a bit of fire. This is why I needed you so fucking badly," A different, raspy and deep voice barks out from behind me, as a cold rough hand slides across my throat, pulling my head back. My eyes widen, the chilling feeling of his hands violently sending my body into silence. My lips start to tremble as the unknown man holds my neck tightly in his one hand, while brushing his nose across my cheek and ear, breathing in heavily and deeply. 

"Ahhhhhh, God damn baby. You're so fucking alluring," He groans out, giving my neck an aggressive squeeze to quickly let go. I'm finally able to breathe, the tight feeling around my throat remaining as I cough out. Gasping, I look up to see an extremely intimidating man standing mere centimeters from me.

 Gasping, I look up to see an extremely intimidating man standing mere centimeters from me