45

"We're not alone."

🀀 🀀 🀀

The cold blade brushes against my burning neck, as salty tears run rampant down my cheeks. I try calling out again, begging and pleading for him to stop, but he just smirks down and wipes a single tear from my cheek. 

"Mmm, baby, you're going have to be quiet right now. Don't worry, I'll get you to beg me later, but it'll be to keep going," Harris winks, licking his lips tauntingly, making me gulp deeply and pray for help. 

Mulligan grabs something from behind me, and gives Harris a curt nod.

"I'm going to go tell the team to come in. He won't get far," Mulligan curtly promises, and runs off. Harris doesn't say anything, and I can't turn to look at him, since any small movements will cut the soft skin on my neck. Still gripping the knife, I hear a shuffle and a loud click as I see the sliver of a dark gun in Harris' hand. I stop breathing, completely stilling. I try to listen for any sounds of help, or any gunfire, but it's extremely hard to hear anything outside from the loud ringing in my ears. 

I sense Harris' impatience as time passes, and so far, no one comes out from any of the distant hallways. No signs of Stephan, or even Mulligan. 

I hear Harris grit out a swear, as he moves down closer to my head.

"I swear to God, if you move or call out, I will not hesitate to fucking kill you, you hear me?" Harris whispers into my ear, sending my body into a panic from his threat as I vaguely nod my head, scared of piercing my neck. Clicking his tongue, Harris sighs deeply.

"Fuck, you're so fucking hot when you're terrified," Harris groans out, readjusting his grip on the knife on my neck, making me suck in and move my head backward. Harris uses his other hand to roughly grab my hair and bunches it up to jolt my head further backward, to make me look up at him. Grinning down at me, Harris takes a deep breath in.

"Shit, if we get out, we're going to spend a lot of time doing this together," Harris growls, clearly turned on by my bulging eyes and staggering breathing. Harris slowly lowers his head to mine, biting his lip hard, but a distant sound of shuffling makes him shoot up, my head back up, and the knife even closer than before. My hands spaz out, as I instinctively try to push him away from me. But, a familiar voice drags my attention away from the closing in knife, to the distance. 

There, standing nonchalantly in the doorway, is the one man that I would've never pictured myself relieved to see. His scruffy hair drenched in a mix of water, sweat, and blood. But I already knew it wasn't his blood. He pushes off from the wall, and casually walks over to Harris and I. His once pristine suit is covered in dirt and blood, as he quickly wipes his hand along it, still gripping his same black handgun. 

As soon as he came into the light, I'm shocked by what I see. A strange, powerful, and utterly terrifying presence fills the room, as his dark eyes never leave the sight of Harris' knife on my neck. I clench my jaw, as Harris moves the knife even closer to my neck. The cold steel presses against my neckline, making me call out and whimper. More tears spring out of my eyes, as my body fills with a paralyzing and chilling fear.

Stephan's face curls up into a snarl, as he raises his hands and backs off. His reaction makes Harris start to chuckle.

"Wow, the powerful Stephan Black stepping back for a stupid little girl? Who the fuck are you?!" Harris yells out, "What happened to the once reckless and careless mafia leader??" Harris' voice booms out, as I shut my eyes and suck in a deep breath through my nose.