Chapter two

More Confident!

Zayn POV

Billie comes home an hour after she left, bringing some McDonalds. She places the contacts on the table, our names written sloppily on them. "Put your contacts on before you eat. Also wash your hands before you put them on," she says, pulling out fries and chicken nuggets. My stomach grumbles at the smell, I grab my contacts and run into the bathroom.

I put some soap in my hands, washing it off with the water. I open my pack off contacts, the boys jokingly fighting over the sink. I take off my glasses, blinking a couples times. I pull open my eyes and put the contact in. I put the other one in and stand back, Harry is struggling a little bit. I look at myself, I'm hard to recognize but it's not in a bad way.

I walk out of the bathroom, grabbing some of the food. I put a fry in my mouth thinking about what else we could do today. Harry and Shawn come out a couple seconds later, my mouth falls open. They look amazing, you can actually see Harry's face without those huge glasses. "What are we doing next?" Shawn asks as he steals a fry from me.

"Your fries are right there," I whine, smacking his hand. Billie looks thoughtful, "I was thinking maybe we can work on your communication skills. You guys don't seem to be pulling anyone."

I start to feel offended but realize she's only speaking the truth.

—-

"Just act confident, dont come off as cocky but don't come off as shy. Try to make a sexy face," Billie explains to us, she hands us headphones to get us "in our zones" or some stupid shit like that. "Zayn is going first," Billie says, my eyes widen as Billie starts to push me off the blanket.

"Why do I have to go first?!? I went first last time? I still have questions," I say trying to make excuses. She shoves me again, I toss the headphones back at her. I groan internally before walking onto the side walk. "Make eye contact but don't make eye contact. Also sexy looks!" I hear billies voice say in my head. I see a pretty girl start running towards me so I try to make a "sexy face" the girl stares at me weirdly as she passes by.

I looked down at my phone for a second and accidentally bump into someone. I look up at the person, he has black hair and a beautiful smile. "Sorry!" I say, backing up a little. The guy laughs, "it's fine. It was my fault too."

We talk for a couple seconds and exchange numbers after a bit. His name is Calum Hood, not the most interesting, but I got his number. I walk back to my friends, looking down at my phone. "That was fast," Billie says when I sit down. I put my head of Shawn's shoulder and shrug my shoulders.

"Sexy face doesn't work," I mutter, Billie smirks before looking at Harry. "Your turn," she says excitedly, Harry pouts but Billie shakes her head, "that face doesnt work on me babe."

Harry gets up cautiously, slowly walking over to the sidewalk. "More confident Harry!" Billie yells after him.

"Soo tell us who you met," Shawn says, I shrug my shoulders again.

"This guy. His name is Calum Hood. He's actually going to the college we are going to," I say, "he was cute but only really talked about himself." Shawn frowns and shakes his head.

Harry walks over to us with a frown on his face. He tosses a piece of paper in the middle of us. I smile at him and open it. 'Taylor' with their name scribbled under it. I smile at him, "did you give them your number?" He shakes his head fast.

"She's a girl," he says sadly, I laugh.

"Aint nothing wrong with a girl," I tease him, he shakes his head before sitting down next to me.

"Somethings wrong when you don't like girls," he says as he lays his head down on Billies lap. Billie plays with his curls and motions for Shawn to move. He opens his mouth to protest but decides against it. I grab the extra headphones off of the blanket and plug it into my phone. I shuffle my songs and lay onto my back. We're going to college in like two days, two days until I can start over. Be someone completely different than I am now.

I get kicked in my leg, I sit up angrily. Shawn looks distressed, grabbing my arm and pulling me up. Billie looks confused and Harry looks scared. I pull my headphones out and follow Shawn to the car. We all get into our spots, breathing heavily.

"What the hell was that?!?" Billie yells as we drive to Shawn's house.

He still catching his breath but he squeaks out, "Niall." My eye widening a little, "all of them?"

He nods his head, "playing football."

I look down at my hands, "did they see you?" I ask. Shawn shakes his head, "they were a little busy."

We pull up to Shawn's house, Billie was quiet almost the entire ride there. We get out, Billie yells at us to stop. We all turn around, she looks concerned.

"You guys are ready. But you have to fight those boys who hurt you. You can't let people walk over you."