A Place to Live

*A81C7's POV*

Mor's shift is almost over so we can leave, and I am looking forward to having a place to stay very much. I just sat down and watched people while Mor worked. I did not want to disturb her during her shift, and I still have a lot to learn about looking, moving, and talking like a regular person. Scientists spoke in complex terms or rude, brash orders while other experiments... They were like me.

They never cared to teach me life skills, casual speaking terms, and I never learned body language or habits from people other than the scientists or doctors.

Mor is coming over, so her shift must be over. I wonder where she lives. Where I will get to live for as long as she lets me. This is a very promising thing. It makes me feel... nice.

She stands next to me saying "C'mon girl. It's time to get on going!"

"Okay" I mutter.

She grabs my hand, the sudden action startling me slightly, but I soon adjust. She takes off and I follow close to her, being careful not to run into anyone else on the street. I still feel as if this is a large amount of people.

"So, you never told me your name." Mor says, making me stop. My 'name' is not really a name. It is more of a code or serial number. I cannot tell her my name is A81C7, or even A81 as I was sometimes referred to as. Neither of those are acceptable. I need a new name.

"Oh, um, ha, yes" I stutter. I need a name. I don't know many names. I don't like lying, but this isn't technically a lie. "You can call me A. I don't like my name, it is horrible" I decide. A is simple, but not too... unusual.

"Oh c'mon girl, it can't be that bad. You can tell me A!" She tries to encourage. I cannot tell her my name, and I will not.

"No, it's seriously horrible. I never let people know it. It is way too bad." I tell her, reaffirming that I do not plan on telling her my name. It is again not technically a lie. I do not plan to let people know my name in the future, and my name does not qualify as nice.

"Okay then. A is cool. Oh we're almost to my car, it's right 'ere." She says.

A car. I did not know we would have to go in a car. I have never been in a car. I have only seen them. I only even know what they are called from information I gained after leaving New Age behind and seeing them outside. Cars seem to be fairly popular. I will have to learn more about them.

Mor walks over and pulls one door open. There are two doors on this side. Which one do I open? I glance between them, and get the feeling the one to my right is correct.

I open the door and sit down next to Mor. She seems to be... putting on straps? Restraints? A safety restraint belt. It must keep people seated. I have one as well. I dislike all restraints, but I feel as if she expects me to put it on so I guess I will.

"Let's get going!" She says. She seems very excited. "You can drive another time. Do you have a car somewhere?"

"Um. No. I have never driven" I informed. I never even thought of driving before, it is a quite interesting thing. It would be useful to be able to drive.

"Seriously?! I'll teach you bestie! It'll be fun" she exclaims.

"...bestie?" I question.

"Yes! You're my new best friend. I haven't had real good friends in a while, and you seem nice. A little weird but still nice. People think I'm too happy and nice and they use me." She says sadly. That is so horrible. I know what it's like to be used, and it's not good. I would never do that to her.

"That is cool! I will also be your bestie then. Also thank you again for helping me" I tell her.

"Of course." She responds. "This is my place" she tells me while slowing down and pulling into a short driveway.

I look out and the window, and I see the house I'll be staying in. I love it.