She's Close

*Nathan's POV*

I have finally found my mate. My luna. She is a human, but she is perfect. I have been watching her for days. She lives with another human, and neither of them do much. Humans are so ignorant, they don't seem to see anything. They will never notice that they are being watched, and after a few days I'll meet her, and then I'll take her with me.

It may be difficult to introduce her to my world, but she will fit perfectly. I'll have her live inside our home, I'll go out and do all the pack work, and get anything we need so she is never away. She'll be safe, and I'll take care of her, always, and she'll take care of me. We'll have pups... a perfect family.

I broke up with Clair after the get together, but she didn't take it well. She didn't understand why, since I didn't tell anyone but my beta who is helping me watch her.

I haven't been able to find out her name. She has only left the house twice, and her friend calls her girl, girlie, or boo. It is quite frustrating.

My mother is upset with me. She says that I shouldn't have a human mate, that they are weak, but really she's afraid that my mate will die like my dad did. She doesn't want me to go through the pain she did, so it's okay if she seems mad or angry. It's not her fault she can't express herself, she is a woman and she lost her mate.

My beta is helping me, and he's my best friend. He really is one of my only friends. It's hard to have good friends as an alpha, but it's just part of the job. His name is Liam. I've known him for years, and he's one of the most loyal people I know. He always does what's right.

I befriended Liam when I was young, because our fathers spend a lot of time together as beta and alpha we also spent a lot of time together. Liam is a good person, and an amazing beta.

My little sister doesn't understand why my mate is so important, or mates in general really since she is only nine, so she is worried about me. She doesn't like that I'm not home all the time and that I'm busier, but I have to watch my mate. Learn about her, and make sure she is okay. She needs me to protect her.

Currently it is 11pm, and I am sitting outside my mates home watching her. She has her light on in her room, and through a small crack in her curtains I can see she is sitting looking at something, but I can't see what. She's probably reading a girls magazine or watching some romance movie.

"She looks so cute, with her little hands and her cute concentrated face. Just imagine, when we mark her, she will be ours all the time" Neo says.

"I know Neo, I can't wait" I reply.

"Me either" Neo says.

She seems a little nervous or tense. I hope she's okay. She is very jumpy, but I will fix that. When we are together she will always be guarded, protected, and kept safe by me.

"I will never allow anything bad to happen to our mate" Neo tells me, and I know he's telling the truth. Neither of us would.

Our mate is probably stressed about having to do something or make some decision. When we are together she won't have to do a lot, and she will not have to make too many decisions so she will be happy and stress free.

Around 1am she turns off her light and disappears from view. She must be getting changed and going to bed. I wish I could see her. She should've left her curtain open. It would be okay because she's my mate, she's mine. I can't wait to mark her. To have her.

I love her already. She is beautiful and perfect in every way.